Rewiring rear and lane watch cameras

Mighty.Demon

I have a honda civic 2015 and I was thinking of swapping out the head unit for a pioneer stereo but also rewire the two cameras to the i-mid displace since the LX model of the civic has the rear camera there as well. Is it possible to rewire both cameras to the i-mid display or would I have to install a completely different rear view camera?

The i-mid has 1 video input. If your aftermarket radio has an input for the rear camera, you should be able to use that for the lane watch camera. Instead of grounding to the hand brake use the ground for the lane watch video cable or the ground for the camera...

There is a thread on installing a backup camera into a 2012 civic. There are 2 pins to tap into the iMid for the backup camera to show through the iMid (I think its 2 pins) As long as the iMid didn't change it should be the same. As long as you can solder wires and have some diy skills it shouldn't be a big task. The iMid is small and is at a distance, I was suggesting to use the new radio's screen (if you bought a radio with a screen) to use as the lane watch instead of the backup camera input... Other wise you would just have the make a video splitter in the back of the iMid, one for the backup camera and one for the lane watch

Back