roadmagnet springs 2012 civic

Winnn420

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si, NAV
Body Style
Coupe
ok here are some pics...I think it looks really good and rides pretty smooth but I'm getting a noise in the rear when I hit bumps, even small bumps. I wasn't able to wait with it while they were being installed but he called me after he finished the front and was starting on the rear to tell me that the top of the road magnet rear spring had a bigger diameter than stock so it wasn't fitting flush onto the isolator or whatever it's called. I told him to go ahead and install them and he told me it would probably make noise on bumps which it does, I assume from the spring or the isolator moving.

Can anyone tell me if the 8th gen rear springs have a bigger inner diameter up top than 9th gen? If that's the case and all I have to is swap the top isolator than that's a simple fix. If not I'll have to swap them back to stock until I get it figured out cuz the noise will drive me crazy.

Also why aren't the sedans that used road magnets having the same issue? aren't they the same size springs as the coupe?

20a3058d.jpg

d3a64310.jpg

379a8023.jpg

Nevermind, re-reading redshifts thread answered my question. Seems like an 8th gen rear upper insulator will solve the problem though it's still really weird that there's even a problem, I thought they were made for a 2012 Si...

yaa mine make a lil noise on bumps no biggie not to bad

Ok cool as long as its not just mine, it's not a bad noise, I just can't deal with noises at all on a car that has 45 miles on it...I'll run by the dealer on Monday and if they don't have any upper insulators I'll just order a pair online..so if that's the only thing needed to make it fit propery it sounds like they're 8th gen rear springs...are the 8th gen front springs the exact same as 9th gen?

Yeah, Mine makes a little groan too, on speedbumps. I wonder if they're 8th gen and we are being told they're 9th?? That wouldn't be cool. Curious to see how the 8th gen isolators do, or if that resolves it.

I have a strong feeling the new insulators will solve the problem..I just ordered a pair for $20, should have them in two days.

I'd hate to think that's what they're doing but if everyone is having the same issue and the 8th gen insulators solves the problem, I wouldn't know what else to think. I'll let you know if it takes care of the noise.

Hello Everyone,​
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Alaina, and I am with Road Magnet. You may contact me through the forum or email me at alaina@roadmagnet.com
Thank you all very much for considering Road Magnet Lowering Springs for your 9th Gen Civics!​
shoot them a message, because you shouldn't have to be buying 8th isolators for a set of springs designed for the 9th. Chris was telling individuals how to use 8th springs on 9th gen cars. Some users were trying to use skunk2's and other brands. It doesn't work 100% without the 8th insulators. Those road magnets are supposed to be for the 9th.

^^ contact above - report back. The sedan owners haven't said anything to this point about noises that I've seen anywhere...

Yea I plan on contacting them. I wanted to confirm whether the 8th gen insulators solves the problem or not, I think they will. It was just over $40 with 2 day shipping, if they fix the problem then road magnet can reimburse me if they want to, not sure that a reimbursement would affect my opinion/feedback if they do turn out to be 8th gen.

I know but if I was going to buy 8th gen springs for my 9th gen civic I certainly wouldn't have gone with a brand I never even heard of :)

We were tricked into buying 8th gen springs if they are indeed 8th gen...

Hello Everyone,​
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Alaina, and I am with Road Magnet.​

seems users are having some issues and PMing me for advice. Can you take pictures of your 2006+ civic springs next to the 2012+ civic springs showing the differences in size between the two?

Hey guys!

We did design these springs on the 2012 Civic si (on the Fox Marketing Si when it was stock, direct from Honda - pre widebody). This is the first I am hearing about the noises in the rear. Just so everyone knows, the springs are similar in diameter and could easily be confused as to which are front and rear. The springs with the upper (larger diameter) end that is ground flat are the rears. Keep me posted if anyone else is hearing noises or having issues! We will keep looking into it from our end here. Also, Winnn420, let me know what the results you get with the 8th gen isolators!

Thanks again everyone!!

Alaina

PS- I wish I could have taken the 8th gen springs and passed them off as 9th! It would have made for a lot less work for me! :)

civic-06-09-skunk2-skunk-2-lowering-springs.jpg

here is skunk 2 pic from the 8th gen - you're saying people are mixing up the front springs for the rear?

Yeup! Those look nothing like our design! But it is the same idea... the front and rears are both similar in diameter (like ours) however our fronts & rears are also much closer in length to each other.

Yeah, there's no way they are being confused front to rear. The problem is the diameter of the upper portion of the rear spring stock vs. aftermarket is considerable.

roadmagnet home page:
UPDATE 02/28/12: We are currently out of stock for the 2012 Honda Civic Lowering Springs. All orders placed as of 02/28/12 will be shipped. We apologize for the inconvenience! We are currently manufacturing more springs to meet demand!

-----
http://www.roadmagnet.com/products-by-make/honda/2012-civic-si
now page not available..

The page you requested was not found, and we have a fine guess why.
  • If you typed the URL directly, please make sure the spelling is correct.
  • If you clicked on a link to get here, the link is outdated.
What can you do?
Have no fear, help is near! There are many ways you can get back on track with Magento Store.
-----------

what a shocker...2 days later and still no pics and they're no longer available on road magnets website??

all I know is I would post those pics immediately if it were my company and people thought I might be selling my product under false pretences...simply to clear the confusion ASAP, and not tarnish my company name...

Worst case we have to wait until tomorrow to see if my 8th insulators fix it...until then all we can do is assume.

Back