roadmagnet springs 2012 civic

springs_redblu.jpg

progressive (blue) / linear (red) - blue springs will ride softer. The middle of the springs are soft, while they get progressively stiffer as they are compressed in turns etc. You want progressive springs.

So result of the BBB claim. They still insist that they were designed for 2012 si, but check out their website...no where to be found. They have at least the set I returned in stock now (full refund plus shipping and 4hrs of my wrench time). ;)

Many times those "progressive" coils on the spring are there to act like a helper spring, meaning they just collapse once the car is on the ground, and the spring acts quite linearly. Those coils in the picture are so close together, I'm sure they are collapsed when the car is on the ground. But they have to do it that way for the car to sit low enough while not allowing the spring to come loose when the car is jacked up.

Chris

Most likely. Roadmagnet has been sketchy from the get go.

And even though they've been sketchy, I got an email from them. They're finally done with their testing, and I'm getting one of the first new release sets. Should have them Friday, and probably will go ahead and install them next weekend. Will post pictures before and after the install.

Yeah, morbid curiosity is setting in at this point. No, they work just fine was the only line I ever got from them. Will be really curious if they are any different. I wish you the best of luck, but really they suck at being a company.

Update...
I'm having Noise problems with these wonderful springs. I've taken apart both sides of my front end multiple times. I've checked and rechecked torque specs, spring hats etc. I'm assuming its the pos road magnet quality. Personally I think it's the coils rubbing together creating friction radiating through the front end. RM should just give everyone who wasted their money a full refund for the extensive r and d plus the problem solving we have done. These piece of s#%^ springs for our cars front end aren't even concaved like the factory springs, not even mentioning the noise problems with the rear. I'm about to go back to factory height. Road magnet for the ULTIMATE lose. Thanks RM for all the headaches and drama. Heads up to anyone considering these.

Back