roadmagnet springs 2012 civic

I installed the Road Magnets and love the lower look. I also noticed the rear top spring isolator was smaller than the top of the Road Magnet spring. I installed them correctly (flattened end with the tighter coiling up). I have been hearing noises when going over bumps as well. Where did you get the 8th gen isolators?

I installed the Road Magnets and love the lower look. I also noticed the rear top spring isolator was smaller than the top of the Road Magnet spring. I installed them correctly (flattened end with the tighter coiling up). I have been hearing noises when going over bumps as well. Where did you get the 8th gen isolators?

Winn420 got the part # for us 52691-sna-a01, I got mine from the dealer. They are cheaper online.

I got them from hondapartsdirect...(part# 52691-SNA-A01)...thanks for chiming in on the problems you're having too. I'll know by tomorrow if the insulators solve the problem, if you want to wait a day before ordering a pair.

I'll make sure my 8th gen insulators fit their "9th gen" springs before I truly voice my dissapointment...I just hope that if it turns out they did what we suspect, that everyone else who bought a set will voice their complaint to places that matter like the BBB...that way anyone who takes the time to research them before buying their product will see what type of company they are...I still won't believe they would do such a thing until I see the 8th gen insulators fit with my own 2 eyes

I got them from hondapartsdirect...(part# 52691-SNA-A01)...thanks for chiming in on the problems you're having too. I'll know by tomorrow if the insulators solve the problem, if you want to wait a day before ordering a pair.

I'll make sure my 8th gen insulators fit their "9th gen" springs before I truly voice my dissapointment...I just hope that if it turns out they did what we suspect, that everyone else who bought a set will voice their complaint to places that matter like the BBB...that way anyone who takes the time to research them before buying their product will see what type of company they are...I still won't believe they would do such a thing until I see the 8th gen insulators fit with my own 2 eyes

I have a couple emails into Road Magnet about the issue. Hopefully the 8th mount will work and I will eagerly await your test.

any response thus far??

I was told to make sure I didn't install the rears up front and the front in the rear :)

any response thus far??

I was told to make sure I didn't install the rears up front and the front in the rear :)

Yeah, I had sent emails to them before I installed to make sure I put them in the right way (I know it is pretty obvious, but that is how I roll) and included that in my last email and have not heard back.

Cool..we'll see what their response is if any. I'm really surprised Alaina didn't at least log on today to make an excuse for why she has no pics for us, or something...

I got em trimmed and ready, I'll swing by the shop on my way home from work tomorrow. I just realized if they don't fit the springs then that's even worse, then we're stuck with springs that simply don't fit with no fix.
38d71b9e.jpg

the whole 9th category of springs is now gone from the honda section...

Yea cuz they got exposed...Amazing how they can go from having every color in the rainbow to having none over night.

I should have trusted my gut from the start, I thought to myself how is that a spring company I never even heard of not only beat the big names with getting 9th gen springs on the market first but they had them in every single color..knew it was too good to be true

If the mounts from the 8th gen don't work, will be re-installing the stock rear springs. Going to look epic with the rear 1.5" higher than the front. :(

Hey Guys,

I'm sorry I haven't posted. I am stretched very thin over here! I will get pictures together this morning and post them. We have sold out of the first run production of of the 2012 Civic Springs, so we took them down from our website temporarily for two reasons: 1) We normally do not do this for out of stock items, however we are waiting for material to make more springs, which should be in either today or Monday & 2) I am going to take this opportunity to see if I can't tweak the design on the upper portion of the rear springs to make it fit more snug around the isolator, which is the problem some people seem to be having.

Please bear with us. We are feverishly working toward a solution!

All of our products are 100% guaranteed! If we discover a problem, we will replace everyone's rear springs. My tech is on the case right now. He is also getting me the springs for photos for you guys. Does anyone have photos of their install of the rear springs? If you could either post them up or send them to me that would be great! I also have a call into Honda, and am ordering both 8th & 9th gen spring seats for testing!

Yea cuz they got exposed...Amazing how they can go from having every color in the rainbow to having none over night.

I should have trusted my gut from the start, I thought to myself how is that a spring company I never even heard of not only beat the big names with getting 9th gen springs on the market first but they had them in every single color..knew it was too good to be true

In response to this post, out Parent Company (The Kirk-Habicht Spring Company) has been in business for over 100 years (since 1907). We have extensive spring manufacturing expertise, and our automotive division is only 7 years old. We are excited to grow this side of the business, and having relationships such as our Partnerships with Team Lexus Racing & Fox Marketing (among other car builders) has allowed us to get the jump on the other manufacturers this time around. It rarely happens this way, and we are excited when it does. We are committed to producing a quality product and stand behind our products 100%. We again are asking for everyone's patience while we work to resolve this matter.

For those riding on our springs now, the diameter of the spring being a little larger will not cause any damage to your vehicles. My tech informed me that the weight of the car itself is more than substantial to keep the springs in place and will cause no other issues except for the slight noise.

**Edit: As for the colors, the only colors we keep in stock are the gloss black and our stock Road Magnet Blue. The custom colors are offered, and are powder coated to order.

I can take one of the rears off of my car tonight after work for pics of the mount if Winnn420 doesn't take any while trying out the 8th gen mounting.

Here is the picture! The Road Magnet Blue Springs are the 2012. Keep in mind that they are similar but they vary in severl small ways, like coiling direction, spring rate, free length etc. Hope this helps!

2012-hc-vs-06-hc-003resized-jpg.1351

Attachments

• 2012 HC vs 06+ HC 003resized.jpg
    2012 HC vs 06+ HC 003resized.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 138
I will take some pics today when I bring it by the shop to attempt installing the 8th gen insulators.

Alaina, I hope you can understand my frustration, and scepticism. When I not only didn't see a comparison pic as promised, but the springs were then removed from being sold on your website, it doesn't give the greatest feeling of comfort that road magnet would do anything to assist with the problem. Like I've said from the start, I can't imagine a company would absolutely lie to customers and sell them a previous gen product and claim it to be a latest gen product, which is why I still would be shocked if the 8th gen insulators fit my 9th gen springs. I would hope it's more likely a design flaw but if that's the case it leaves me in an even tougher spot. I would have the choice of leaving them on and hearing the noise on a daily basis (which is not an option for me regardless of whether its causign any damage), or returning the springs and ordering an 8th gen set of springs to use with my newly purchased 8th gen insulators. Either way it's going to cost me money. The only way it won't cost me money (other than the $40 I paid for the insulators) is if the 8th gen insulators fit my 9th gen springs and thats just because the shop will throw them on free of charge, if they fit. If I end up having to swap the entire set of springs that's another $200 in labor.

All of our products are 100% guaranteed! If we discover a problem, we will replace everyone's rear springs. My tech is on the case right now. He is also getting me the springs for photos for you guys. Does anyone have photos of their install of the rear springs? If you could either post them up or send them to me that would be great! I also have a call into Honda, and am ordering both 8th & 9th gen spring seats for testing!
cool! mine has the noise but its not really a big deal but thats cool to do if thats the case

@Winnn420- I completely understand where you are coming from. We are not trying to falsely portray any products not specifically designed for the 2012 Civics. Like I said before, I have talked to my contact at Honda, and have ordered both isolators. This will help me determine of the 8th gen isolators will solve the problem, and the 9th gen isolators will help me get exact measurements for our next run of springs.

It was honestly pure coincidence that the springs sold out this week. We did place notices on two different parts of our website explaining that the springs were out of stock and listed a contact email for questions. As far as I know, ALL 2012 Honda Civic email inquiries have been addressed and responded to, and my web support staff is keeping all the email inquiries on file in order to notify everyone immediately via email when the springs are completed and once again in stock. We are not trying to hide anything here, and are doing our best to address everyone's concerns.

Back