Royce's 2012 Civic SI Sedan Build Thread

I dynoed Stock first, Reflash second and now I am going to dyno reflash plus intake. And Damn that intake is so freakin loud!!!!

Please add to original thread

20120503- Reflash Dyno

Vehicle: 2012 Civic Si Sedan
Altitude: 5400ft
Dyno: Dyno Jet
Mods: Hondata Flash Pro
Owner: Royce

Dyno with the Hondata re-flash. Not much gains, especially being at high altitude. Hondata claims there will be a zero performance gain however we saw a minute gain of 5hp and 1tq. I still am impressed with the torque gain down low though, if you look at the 2 graphs side by side in comparison to stock theirs a good diff. And the graph is smoother even on the same smoothing scale of 5. Correction factor of 1.20 Same as first Dyno

Corrected-
royce.sized.jpg

Uncorrected-
royceuncorrected_2.sized.jpg

it maxes at 20 images in a post so that pages can load halfway normal for people. I can't post them into the 1st post any longer

kennyg is in the 2nd post... I have no way of inserting a post between the bottom of your 1st post and his...

I'm actually fairly impressed with the gains, given the high altitude. With the 8th Gen Si, the reflash essentially gave better mid-range performance (i.e. increased the area under the curve on the dyno graph). There was not much to be had at higher RPMs just with the reflash. However, it looks like this 9th Gen Si reflash does have the potential to give some top-end gains.

Hey guys sorry I haven't checked in in a while I've been on vacation. I have the intake installed and as soon as I get back I'll get a Dyno for y'all. Like pro civic stated the mid range gains are phenomenal on the re-flash. I'm out here in pismo beach ca at sea level and I love it!!!!!!!!! It's night and day going from 5600ft to sea level. I am contemplating getting the coil overs from pro civic but am a strong believer in buddy club. That and I need quite a lot of ground clearence to ship the vehicle to Germany.

I'll check in soon !!

Aww yeah! I'm in Huntington beach all day about 100 feet from the water. Have a great time! Can't wait to see the dyno results with the intake and reflash! What if u buy coilovers and rise them up all the way for the trip to germany?

I was contemplating doing that. But am unsure. Being that corner balance aligning is about $150 every time I would like to decrease the amount of balancing needed. I want to get the car adjusted for Nurburgring once I get to Germany and let it sit until it's ready for some track time. Hopefully by then I'll have some sponsor's and a FI build going.

Back