RRC or RBC?

Jerod

Minot, North Dakota
Vehicle Model
'13 Civic Si
Looking to do an intake manifold swap including ZDX throttlebody, 8th gen injectors and PRL motorsports CAI. Anyone know which manifold is better between RRC and RBC? Also what injectors should I get? Planning on getting into position to get a full race turbo kit and it seems like this would be the next step towards that. Any thoughts?

RBC. For the price of the RRC, you can get the RBC ported. Ported RBC > RRC.

from full-race :
Application Notes:
  • Optional RBC intake manifold swap requires 06-11 Civic Si style Fuel Rail and TB. TSX and TL also apply."

Thank you. thats what I needed to see. Should I get it with the 9th gen injector spaces bored out or go with 8th gen?

although i bet most others would disagree, i would bore it for the 9th injectors.
There are more options becoming available, and if you're going to go with the turbo kit anyways, then you can use the stock injectors for now until you need to upgrade for the turbo.

If you know for sure that you are going FI, I would just get bigger 8th Gen injectors right off of the bat. Two reasons: 1. saves money by not boring. 2. 8th Gen injectors will probably be cheaper than newly developed 9th Gen injectors.

The turbo setup will dictate what injectors you go with. You have to get something with a duty cycle that can stand up to whatever boost you're using.

Looking to do an intake manifold swap including ZDX throttlebody, 8th gen injectors and PRL motorsports CAI. Anyone know which manifold is better between RRC and RBC? Also what injectors should I get? Planning on getting into position to get a full race turbo kit and it seems like this would be the next step towards that. Any thoughts?
Well Honda have stopped making the RRC manifold so you will have to go with the RBC manifold. Please contact us and I can put a kit together for you for whatever needs you have. We are running 1100cc injectors on our all motor car on E85 and they work great with the intension on going turbo at a later date.

Well Honda have stopped making the RRC manifold so you will have to go with the RBC manifold. Please contact us and I can put a kit together for you for whatever needs you have. We are running 1100cc injectors on our all motor car on E85 and they work great with the intension on going turbo at a later date.
Sounds Awesome. I'll contact you when I'm ready to throw money down. Can you all mod the RBC manifold for the K24 so that all I need to do is bolt the thing on and use the adapter kit?

Sounds Awesome. I'll contact you when I'm ready to throw money down. Can you all mod the RBC manifold for the K24 so that all I need to do is bolt the thing on and use the adapter kit?
Yes, our kit is complete bolt on the only thing you need to do is we can machine the manifold for stock injectors or you can solder in 8th gen style injectors. Typically people go with RDX injectors for price reasons but we also sell FIC injectors and Grams injectors

What kind of power differences will you see using the RBC intake manifold with the throttle body and fuel rail? Also is the stock intake manifold very restrictive when it comes to adding bolt-ons to it?

prob around 15-20hp change with that ^ (once tuned)

This may have been answered already or an obvious question but if I just want to make sure I have the set up right. If I get the RBC bored out for stock 9th gen injectors would I need to still need to get the fuel rail? Also would it be best to replace the injectors for the RDX injectors? Basing my options off PRL Motorsports.
http://prlmotorsports.com/store/2012-civic-si-rbc-intake-manifold-adapter-kit/

This may have been answered already or an obvious question but if I just want to make sure I have the set up right. If I get the RBC bored out for stock 9th gen injectors would I need to still need to get the fuel rail? Also would it be best to replace the injectors for the RDX injectors? Basing my options off PRL Motorsports.
http://prlmotorsports.com/store/2012-civic-si-rbc-intake-manifold-adapter-kit/
Email us and we can go over the kit and all the options... axionindustries@gmail.com

Back