Rusty CALIPER, warranty claim?

Well dealership called and got them all together but service manager said he was worried about them possibly leaking at a later time cause the pistons and seals came out for the baking process, I'm at work a little worried now. He says Honda doesn't rebuild brakes so if that were to happen I'd lose the calipers anyway, FML. Guess it would be a brake shop rebuild at that point or this was all worth nothing. Maybe they'll be fine ?? Hope so.
For one thing he's probably just covering his --- , and if anything were needed to be done it would only be new seals, replacing the calipers shouldn't come into play.

Yeah I'm sorry that's what I meant, service manager claims Honda wouldn't even do that, no seal replacement or anything they just order new calipers. I don't understand why, liability he said?

We shall see?? I can't wait to see them in person, 3 more hours of work, ugh!!
Post pics when I can

Yeah I'm sorry that's what I meant, service manager claims Honda wouldn't even do that, no seal replacement or anything they just order new calipers. I don't understand why, liability he said?
Just keep an eye on the inside of your wheels for about a week, if they haven't leaked by then, you"should" be ok.

What colour, or is that a surprise ?

Lol, well actually they may not look much different than stock bare metal. I went with a silver/grey color as I wanted it to blend in nice. They'll look better more uniform than before but not a drastic change I'm sure. Can't wait to get off work.

I'm sure they had to say it because they don't want to be liable for anything done by third party. You should be fine. Post pics when you get a chance

I'm sure they had to say it because they don't want to be liable for anything done by third party. You should be fine. Post pics when you get a chance
Yeah, hope you're right I'm just a pessimist, thanks for your help will post pics when I get a chance!

Went out to look and I have vehicles over 6yrs old they don't have rust on them (unpainted). I know I cannot be the only one here.

Up in the land of the ice and snow, they will look like that after about 3 hours..... Rust happens! If you are in a dry climate like AZ, NV, etc, your vehicle will last 10x longer than ones in the rust belt, with all the salts and chlorides used in the winter.

I am not sure I would want to have a caliper powder coated with the piston and all the seals in it. Of course, the brakes can get smoking hot during use, but not for an extended period. I would inquire as to how long the bake cycle is, whether or not they pre-bake as well, and base your decision on that.

That said, A1 Cardone has powder coated calipers for popular vehicles, it's a return and rebuild program, and you get your originals back. Rock Auto has a listing for calipers, but no powder coated ones yet from A1 Cardone.

Well picked up Si and they look better than they did, not much different than stock like I said I went with a stock metal color match. If I get a chance I'll try to take better pics. Here's a quick few for now. Hope the caliper seals don't leak, there is a little brake fluid on the inner wheel but service manager said that was from bleeding them, maybe true? Told them not to wash my car so makes sense I guess??ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354592691.108106.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1354592712.245201.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1354592728.291317.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1354592746.364249.jpg

Guess I'll keep an eye on the reservoir and my inner wheels for any leaks, keep my fingers crossed!! Service manager said seals were pliable, I'd hope so they're still new really. Well see!?

Well I'm obsessing on my brake reservoir, to me it looks a little lower, I've tried looking at the wheel barrels to see any leakage but its been such nasty rainy weather there's really no way to tell? Also Honda didn't fill it to the max line to begin with. Does that matter? There's a black sharpie mark on the reservoir that I've been using as a reference but the darn fluid is so clear it's hard to tell. Sure would've have been easier if they'd just filled to the max mark or honor something under warranty to begin with. I hate worrying about this.

Well I'm obsessing on my brake reservoir, to me it looks a little lower, I've tried looking at the wheel barrels to see any leakage but its been such nasty rainy weather there's really no way to tell? Also Honda didn't fill it to the max line to begin with. Does that matter? There's a black sharpie mark on the reservoir that I've been using as a reference but the darn fluid is so clear it's hard to tell. Sure would've have been easier if they'd just filled to the max mark or honor something under warranty to begin with. I hate worrying about this.

if the seals were leaking, you would be able to tell. there's enough pressure in the system that if there was a leak in any rubber parts (lines or seals), it would open up pretty quick and you would feel a noticeable change in pedal pressure.

as for the reservoir, the level naturally drops as the brakes are used up and the calipers adjust. unless you lost a lot of fluid, it's doubtful they would have added any. you just don't want to let it get so low that air is able to get into the lines.

I wouldn't stress over it too much unless your pedal goes to the floor.

if the seals were leaking, you would be able to tell. there's enough pressure in the system that if there was a leak in any rubber parts (lines or seals), it would open up pretty quick and you would feel a noticeable change in pedal pressure.

as for the reservoir, the level naturally drops as the brakes are used up and the calipers adjust. unless you lost a lot of fluid, it's doubtful they would have added any. you just don't want to let it get so low that air is able to get into the lines.

I wouldn't stress over it too much unless your pedal goes to the floor.

Thanks sounds like you know what you're talking about, I'll try not to stress too much

Back