RV6 2012+ Civic Si Bellmouth Downpipe

It would be a 3 years at least before I went s/c or turbo. Maybe this rv6 combo would make more sense with the full race exhaust then, instead of the full race down pipe If I want n/a performance. What do you guys think?
Prob do a skunk2 manifold too if one comes out..

The difference between a 3" and 2.5" n/a is about 5 HP. If you wanna go f/I you will need 3"

Good to know! Did you have to use a flange or additional piece? I figure a proper tune could make a difference, if I go with a 3" dp. Hmmm...what to do..what to do.

No extra parts needed. Full race said I would have to order a 2.5 inch adapter but that's not the case. A big noticeable difference in torque and power as soon as I drove it. Vit has been in the process of tuning my car so when he is finished I plan on getting it on the dyno. Ill will post the results to my build thread, where you can see all of the stuff I have done.

To be cleared we used a Dyno Dynamics AKA a heatbreaker dyno. On our baseline we only made 152WHP, while the Dynojet made 172.5WHP that's a difference of 12.63%

On a Dynojet I would expect our numbers to be closer to.

13.3 * 1.1263 = 14.98WHP (Dynojet Corrected)
11.5 * 1.1263 = 12.93WHP (Dynojet Corrected)

Without FI or heavily built motor a 3" exhaust will most likely hurt you on low and mid range powder. 3 inch exhausts are great for paper racing but I will take low end power any day.

civicHPTQfinal.jpg

How much difference in the catless and the high cell cat of ur guys, in power and its 2.5in right

I don't think anyone would know...unless rv6 did a dyno on each setup.

For those asking,and for xXBob RossXx who seemed to think my post about the difference between the catted and catless version was funny,here's a quote from RV6 after being asked in the other forum

"I would estimate the catted version having 1-3WHP less since due to the minor restriction. We are using a 200 cell race cat which is just enough to keep things tame. A major portion of the gains come from replacing the highly restrictive stampings of the precat with a smooth casting and tube. If you look closely at the OE precat you can see the inlet of the precat doesn't even line up."

Back