s0n's 2013 LX

s0nSoFtHeWoRlD

California
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan 4 DR
IMG_0863.JPG

Finally decided to start a thread. New to this whole civic scene, so I will be posting my updates as I go along.

IMG_0861.JPG
^Installed Door Visors this morning.

What I've done:
Interior:

-Alpine SWS-12D4 Subwoofer
-Alpine MRV-M500 Amp Kenwood KAC-7005PS 1200W 5 channel Amp
-Alpine SPR-60 6.5" Car Audio Coaxial Speakers
-Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" Car Audio Component System
-L.E.D. Glow illumination kit
-Civic LED illuminated floor sills
-LED Bulbs

Exterior:
-OEM Foglights
-OEM Body Side Moldings
-OEM Vent Visors
-Red Honda Emblem Front
-Spoiler
-SpecDtuning HID Xenon + 12-13 Honda Civic DRL LED Projector Headlights

Attachments

• IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Welcome! be sure to keep posting pics of your progress so we can follow along

Installed Alpine MRV-M500 Amp and Alpine SWS-12D4 Subwoofer
IMG_0881.JPG IMG_0883.JPG
Getting some high end Alpine speakers to replace the factory speakers.

Been looking into getting OEM Foglights, illuminating sills, and the wing spoiler. Tried to see if my dealership could install the Civic SI spoiler on my LX, but they said the dimensions wouldn't fit right. And a buddy of mine gets a discount on Factory brand items so all the OEM products are discounted :D yay... still cost a pretty penny though

Just ordered these headlights, should be in sometime before next Friday.
Headlights.jpg
Bought them from pro tuning with the HID kit pre installed.
Q - I read somewhere that to prevent moisture from getting in the light that i have to put silicone around the light fixture, is this true for these? if anyone has any experience with these I would appreciate it.

View attachment 29281
Q - I read somewhere that to prevent moisture from getting in the light that i have to put silicone around the light fixture, is this true for these? if anyone has any experience with these I would appreciate it.

I would, yes. My friend just returned a pair due to condensation issues after only two weeks of being on the car.

View attachment 29281
Mine have been on my car for almost a year with no issues and I didn't do anything to them except install an HID kit

So after much considerations, I decided to plastidip my Civic logo, Honda Emblem, and the Chrome bar. I must say it's starting to grow on me. Originally wanted to keep the car chrome and gray. So now I'm rethinking my choice of wheels once the winter is over. Going to do the front in a few weeks. Oh and I got my spoiler installed this morning, just got the call, about to go pick it up, will post pics later. So excited =)

Before
IMG_0938.JPG

After
IMG_0941.JPG IMG_0939.JPG IMG_0940.JPG

I messed up peeling at the end on the larger chrome bar, will redo once it peels completely, i just tucked in into the cracks so it isn't noticable. (which btw the winter weather makes it difficult to want to do outside)

I also have been building my car to give to my sons when they are allowed to drive. It's a great hobby. Can get expensive though.

Just picked her up from the shop, got it painted and installed.
IMG_0944.JPG IMG_0945.JPG IMG_0947.JPG

Which btw, this spoiler was purchased from 323 so mad props to him. The amount it costed to have it painted and installed still didn't touch the market retail price of the OEM spoiler. Next on the list is to install these bad boys:
Headlights.jpg

I also have been building my car to give to my sons when they are allowed to drive. It's a great hobby. Can get expensive though.
Yeah I agree, it is rather an expensive hobby, but the reason why I like it is because not many people do it. Especially where I'm from. I know guys who bought new cars and paid 26-28k for it. But they're leaving their car the way it is. I like customizing my car, I guess it's very personal to me. Everyone has their reasons for why they do what they do to their cars, to me it's simply to be different. How long do you have until your boys are old enough to drive? I'm sure they'll love what you've done for them :D

Ya, i know what you men about having your car different. don't want to be the same. :bleh:
6 more years till I hand them the keys. :)

They like what Im doing and follow with mild interest. I'm enjoying it more than them though. I'm trying to build the car I would have wanted when I was that age instead of my mom's car.....

1986PontiacAcadianScooter.jpg

So after a failed attempt at getting lights to work, i decided to switch back to my stock headlights and having my headlights inspected. The bulbs and everything works just fine, its the neg and pos receivers for the harness. They might possibly be backwards, unsure, will have more to follow tomorrow. But the LED strip looked sweet while they were on.

Back