Say hello to my little friend :) Exhaust for FG3 :)

Kaan.b34

Riverside
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe

Hi guys, 3 days ago i installed my exhaust if anyone wants to change exhaust guys you have to change the middle pipe if anyone just install the muffler it doesn't make sense i hope guys like it. i have flowsound muffler and without middle pipe just strait pipe on the middle. :woot: :vtec:

It's all about V-tec dude because my v-tec begins at 3.200 rpm that's why sounds going to be sharp.

Sharp is good, rasp is not... It sounded sharp till the rasp hit then it killed it for me

It's all about V-tec dude because my v-tec begins at 3.200 rpm that's why sounds going to be sharp.
Is yours an r18? R18s don't really have a vtec that can cause raspiness at a certain rpm. Just a fuel saver vtec that only kicks in at low rpms when your not on the gas much. I just attributed to the raspiness to being a 1.8 liter with no resonator.

Is yours an r18? R18s don't really have a vtec that can cause raspiness at a certain rpm. Just a fuel saver vtec that only kicks in at low rpms when your not on the gas much. I just attributed to the raspiness to being a 1.8 liter with no resonator.
What is the r18 ? Is that engine code or something ? I don't know what is that because i'm new at the honda :) i used to BMW :)

Ah, got it. Didn't realize you were the OP at the time. Yeah the r18 is the 1.8 liter that comes in the non si models. There is vtec but not in the same sense. On the non Si it only engages when your at low rpm and under light throttle. Then it engages a fuel saver cam profile. So the boost in power you feel is vtec disengaging. On the si its in a normal cam profile and at around 5k rpms it switches to a high performance cam profile, regardless of throttle position. The raspiness others referred to I think is just because of the no resonator on a 1.8 liter. Sorry for the wall of text, can't think of a quick way to explain it.

Really, dude? Your vtec starts at 3,200. Flashpro, right? Dude, why 3,200? Why not bring it in right off idle? Extra vtec. Like 221v instead of 220?

That's awesome! . . .

Really, dude? Your vtec starts at 3,200. Flashpro, right? Dude, why 3,200? Why not bring it in right off idle? Extra vtec. Like 221v instead of 220?

That's awesome! . . .

Oy. I thought it was an Si. Nevermind, it sounds great at idle, and until you hit about 1,500rpm.

I think the sound is good but it could be better if i had a money :) maybe if i get AEM air intake the sound could be change i'm not sure about that i have k&n replacement filter now.

Vtec I explained earlier. That's why the misunderstanding. Imo I think it sounds great. Wanna get rid of the rasp may have to move to a bigger pipe or add a resonator. Either way I think it sounds better than stock :D

Vtec I explained earlier. That's why the misunderstanding. Imo I think it sounds great. Wanna get rid of the rasp may have to move to a bigger pipe or add a resonator. Either way I think it sounds better than stock :D
hahaha :) Thanks dude and thanks for the explain :)

Back