SCRAPED FRONT LIP ON MY NEW HFP SI...OMG

That setting controls the headlights when they've been turned off. For example, if the switch is on and you turn the car off the lights should stay on for that amount of time even if you manually turn them off via the stalk. For example my auto lights turn off when I turn the car off because I have it that setting turned to not stay on, but if I leave the setting at a certain length of time, the lights will stay on even though the car is off and the stalk auto setting tells the headlights to turn off.
the auto headlights have a separate setting called "auto headlight sensitivity" for the timing of the auto on/off headlights.

that setting i was describing is separate from the auto-on/off feature, so regardless if you have auto-on/off or not, that feature will turn off the lights at the set time when you leave the switch in the "on" position. timing starts after you close the driver's door. if you turn the lights "off" they will stay off. if you turn the switch to "off," that "headlight auto-off timer" setting has no effect.

i sold hondas for severals years and we had to know the cars inside and out.

also, in all my hondas that have had the auto headlights, if i turn the stalk to "off", the lights turn off immediately regardless of the setting. that was always my experience with honda's auto-on/off headlights and still holds true for my accord and pilot.

the auto headlights have a separate setting called "auto headlight sensitivity" for the timing of the auto on/off headlights.

that setting i was describing is separate from the auto-on/off feature, so regardless if you have auto-on/off or not, that feature will turn off the lights at the set time when you leave the switch in the "on" position. timing starts after you close the driver's door. if you turn the lights "off" they will stay off. if you turn the switch to "off," that "headlight auto-off timer" setting has no effect.

i sold hondas for severals years and we had to know the cars inside and out.
I'm not talking about the sensitivity. I was pretty sure the stalk set to off and the timer set to 15 sec the lights would still stay on 15 seconds. But I could be remembering wrong since I only use auto setting anyway. And I have it set to 0 sec or whatever

I'm not talking about the sensitivity. I was pretty sure the stalk set to off and the timer set to 15 sec the lights would still stay on 15 seconds. But I could be remembering wrong since I only use auto setting anyway. And I have it set to 0 sec or whatever
Yea the headlights won't stay on if you set the switch to off. Only if you have it on auto. But the headlight auto off timer (if set to zero) will override the auto setting once you close the door.

for the cars that don't have auto, the timer only works to shut of the headlights if you leave them in the on position (which was my point in the first place). that's why honda lists "auto off" headlights as standard and the higher trims have "auto-on/off"

Screen Shot 2013-08-28 at 11.31.18 PM.png

for the cars that don't have auto, the timer only works to shut of the headlights if you leave them in the on position (which was my point in the first place). that's why honda lists "auto off" headlights as standard and the higher trims have "auto-on/off"

View attachment 26589
This is what I was unaware of. Everything else you said, I already knew. Now we are on the same page

I have scratches underneath the bumper (wife decided to park on top of a concrete parking curb thing). Didn't repaint or anything. Can't see it and have forgotten about it. I had 2 dings in my car and the scratched bumper within a month. Oh well, it was going to happen one day. It's normal for a Daily Driven car, i didn't want to have a Garage Princess.

So just an update, I went to go talk to the dealer about a paint defect I found on my New 2013 SI. There are two spots on the quarter panel of the car where there is a paint defect. It looks like the paint was chipped or perhaps wasn't painted properly at the factory. I was worried about these spots because I figure they might rust. The bodyshop manager, and 4 other people took a look at it and concluded that this was a defect and needs to be repainted. They will have to take out the quarter panels and repaint them. Luckily, since they will already be mixing up the paint, they told me they could give me a good deal with fixing up the front lip where i scraped my car.

I can't believe that I have to repaint the two quarter panels when the car is only 2 weeks old. I will probably enjoy the car for the next couple of months and repaint next year!

Back