Scrolling through map on navi jumps in blocks while driving -- is that normal?

2013SiSedan

Toronto
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So I noticed that while the vehicle is in motion, if I try scrolling up/down/left/right using the joystick, it'll jump in blocks. So I'll be unable to for example select the next exit on the highway as it keeps skipping over it. Is this normal, or is it a bug on my navi?

It seems to move in small increments while the vehicle is stopped, which is what my '06 CSX (JDM Civic)'s navi did regardless of whether the vehicle was in motion or not. Mind you, it didn't seem to do anything differently while in motion (oh how I miss that, I digress).

does it change at all depending on how far zoomed in you are?

Yeah, definitely.

BTW have you tried entering an address while driving? I understand it's supposed to be such a pain that you're enticed to stop and do it, but if you actually follow through with entering words like street names by voice, you have to constantly look back at the screen for feedback. The navi on the 8th gen said its response back AND let you enter everything while the vehicle in motion the same as when the vehicle was stopped. I dearly miss that (among a few things, but that's for a different thread).

Back