Service Manual and Torque Specs

Right now, just for the brakes so I can put proper specs in the DIY. Maybe CHH has something they can put in the manual section?

CollegeHillsHonda may be able to chime in. I'd say your dealership should be able to tell you the torque settings as well.

8th gen below - should be identical
for the rear
54 ft/lb for the caliper bridge to the hub
17 ft/lb for the caliper to the caliper bridge

for the front
79 ft/lb for the caliper bridge to the hub
25 ft/lb for the caliper to the caliper bridge

Thanks Webby!

What about the emergency brake line bracket bolts for the rear?

edited the above post for front/rear...

attaching the dc5 brake specs/torque settings

Attachments

• Acura RSX 02-03 DC5 Service Manual.pdf
    546.7 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for the manual and additional detail for torque specs Webby. There is one more set I am looking for, though.
There is a difference with the emergency brake line bracket. The Acura has one bolt, the Si has two. They also appear to be in different spots. I am aware the concept is the same, though. The torque specs for the bolts I am looking are in picture below.

2012-10-19 20.54.01(edit).jpg

The above is behind the caliper as connected in the below picture.

2012-10-19 20.14.59(edit).jpg

college hills may need to chime in... or a call to a dealership... Actually, there are some members here who work for honda. Maybe they'll chime in if they see this.

you can always post the diy, and add torque specs that aren't known after the fact if it takes a bit to get a response. I don't have access to the specs on those unfortunately.

wow that's even better than what we were asking for. Thank you :hail:

How hard is it to get a hold of a shop manual for a 2012 Si coupe? What is the policy on buying an actual shop manual?

How hard is it to get a hold of a shop manual for a 2012 Si coupe? What is the policy on buying an actual shop manual?
Unless an actual Honda technician responds to correct me, no physical manuals exist right now. The manuals technicians use are electronic, viewable on a computer, and are controlled by accounts on an internal Honda website. I'm not sure how you will manage to obtain one unless you have connections.
Helm Inc. is the company that produces the manuals for Honda and they stated that Honda has yet to release any paper manual for public purchases. And no, Honda doesn't allow the general public to purchase electronic manuals.

Back