Service Manual and Torque Specs

The Techinfo website is subscription-based by 3-day, 30-day, and 365-day at $10, $50, and $350 prices respectively.
Once you pay and login, you can access any of the documentation for Honda and Acura vehicles. Although you can download individual instructions, there are no complete shop manuals that you can download all at once. There are no options to obtain anything on CD or DVD format, you have download everything individually.

If you want a full shop manual that you don't have to pay for every time you need info, you're going to have to buy a paper one. As I previously mentioned, there is no such paper manual yet.

I have sent an email off to Haynes inquiring as to a status on a manual. Hopefully, I will actually hear back from them.

It is definitely a canned response, but at least they got back to me:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Because of the extensive time and cost necessary to produce one of our manuals, it is not financially feasible to produce a manual for every model; we must base our decision on vehicle sales volume. Unfortunately, your vehicle model has not yet met the sales threshold necessary for us to begin work on a manual. We hope we will be able to produce a manual for your vehicle in the future, and we will do so as soon as it is feasible.
For other manual options try:
-www.repairmanual.com

Again, thank you for your interest in Haynes automotive/motorcycle manuals!

Best regards,
Matt - Technical Research

seeing as how the civic is one of the highest selling vehicles... I can't see it taking that long. They'll probably sell around ~250k civics for 2012 alone....

seeing as how the civic is one of the highest selling vehicles... I can't see it taking that long. They'll probably sell around ~250k civics for 2012 alone....

Agreed.

I would have actually appreciated some customer service and not a canned response, though. A simple "it is in development" would have been appreciated.

So I was annoyed with Haynes' response and sent a snarky response back to them without the expectation of them responding again...well, lo and behold, they did:

As the Civic you were speaking of is a 2012, the time frame alone will heavily affect the sales threshold for us to begin work on a manual.

Again, thank you for your interest in Haynes automotive/motorcycle manuals!

Best regards,
Matt - Technical Research

not even sure what their response means?

I assume he meant that 2012 sales alone will push the 9th gen Civic close to or over the threshold for research and production of the manual.

k24ManSam: When you had your 3 day subscription, could you tell how many pages there are? I assume you could download individual pages in PDF (or other) format. Could you download the whole manual in 3 days?

Reactions: Nix
I was curious about that also. Can you save the files? It would probably require a considerable commitment to sit there and click through it all but if you were able to save large sections that wouldn't be too bad.

I was curious about that also. Can you save the files? It would probably require a considerable commitment to sit there and click through it all but if you were able to save large sections that wouldn't be too bad.

I've been looking at the Service Express web site, and it doesn't look good. For one thing, the subscription only works with Windows/Internet Explorer. Also, there's a paragraph in the "Terms and Conditions" that says that " If your account usage demonstrates excessive traffic, your account may be automatically disabled by Honda with no warning to you." There's no indication of what would be "excessive traffic", or if the clause is ever actually enforced. Still, it may be worth downloading the sections relevant to the kind of things I want to do (suspension, brakes, engine).

Right now it looks like the only materials you can purchase from the dealer are the ETM's and the body repair manuals. Like @CollegeHillsHonda said, it's probably best to check the link he put up and get the subscription.

I meant a physical one. I guess not? That really sucks.
I wish they would just release one. I asked my boss if he could order me one through the shops account and he said he didn't find any either

Back