Service Manual and Torque Specs

I just bought aftermarket headers for my 2012 honda civic lx ,but don't know the torque spec???? Does anyone by any chance???? Please!!!

2:40 am? That install looks like it ran pretty late. Run into some trouble?

Which bolts do you need the specs for? The top where the pipe bolts to the head or the lower part where it connects to the down pipe section?

I have them, but are you going to come back and check to see if you got an answer....

Last edited:

Which bolts do you need the specs for? The top where the pipe bolts to the head or the lower part where it connects to the down pipe section?

I have them, but are you going to come back and check to see if you got an answer....
Funny @Nix, I usually look at what time people post stuff also. I guess because I'm an early morning person and I'm usually up before most people.

Yea, I'm active . But if you have both spec for the top and bottom , that'll b great?

@012SilverWolf : These are the ones for the location of the "test pipe" aka "header" on these cars. Hopefully this is what you need. Most of the bolts are 23ft/lbs. The lower bolts where it connects to the down pipe section should be 16ft/lbs. Start with these values and if it leaks somewhere, tighten it a bit more. I know some of the 8th gen megan products had some tolerance issues and tended to leak unless cranked down pretty well.

2guy4bt.png

If you need the specs for a different piece let me know and Ill dig them up. I work nights so my replies are sporadic depending on when I'm up or at work.

image.jpg
@012SilverWolf : These are the ones for the location of the "test pipe" aka "header" on these cars. Hopefully this is what you need. Most of the bolts are 23ft/lbs. The lower bolts where it connects to the down pipe section should be 16ft/lbs. Start with these values and if it leaks somewhere, tighten it a bit more. I know some of the 8th gen megan products had some tolerance issues and tended to leak unless cranked down pretty well.

2guy4bt.png

If you need the specs for a different piece let me know and Ill dig them up. I work nights so my replies are sporadic depending on when I'm up or at work.

So the top part is 23lbs. And the bottom are 16lbs. Right???? But these are the bad boys I'm slappin on my 9th gen civic.. Thanks for the help tho

Reactions: Nix
Those should be the correct values. Again though, if it leaks you may need to tighten it a bit more.

2guy4bt.png

What would the spec be for the shocks ?? Cuz I'm installing new ones on my 9th gen?? For the front ones?? And I'm also doing the inner and outer tie rod .. I really do appreciate it highly brother. Thanks

Newbie here :wavey:...well sort of. I just laid to rest my 1993 civic ex (215,000 miles). We recently picked up a used 2012. I am on the hunt for the FSM. The best I could do was my local county library website (I'm guess you all might be able to do the same thing with your county library) allows us free access to Chilton Online, which actually has a decent amount of information. If your paying for the service, I think its $25.00 a year for the "DIY" copy of the repair manual (not sure how much the "Professional" level is). http://repair.chiltondiy.com/Pub/DI...Civic-repair-manual-online?ca=Repair&b=118456 I think for the time being this might suffice, but ultimately, I think I may need a paper copy :paper:

Newbie here :wavey:...well sort of. I just laid to rest my 1993 civic ex (215,000 miles). We recently picked up a used 2012. I am on the hunt for the FSM. The best I could do was my local county library website (I'm guess you all might be able to do the same thing with your county library) allows us free access to Chilton Online, which actually has a decent amount of information. If your paying for the service, I think its $25.00 a year for the "DIY" copy of the repair manual (not sure how much the "Professional" level is). http://repair.chiltondiy.com/Pub/DI...Civic-repair-manual-online?ca=Repair&b=118456 I think for the time being this might suffice, but ultimately, I think I may need a paper copy :paper:
they haven't made a helm manual for the 9th gens. They went to a subscription based model where you can download/view whatever info you need.

ServiceExpress is American Honda and Honda Canada's service repair information website for independent repair shops and vehicle owners. This information covers all Honda and Acura vehicles from 1990 to current.

Subscriptions:
  • 1 Day - $10.00 USD
  • 30 Days - $50.00 USD
  • 365 Days - $350.00 USD
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

If you tried, you could probably download a huge amount of info you'd need during a few days or something.

I think I would pay for a 30 day and try to DL every page I could and make my own manual and EWD. Might do that one day when mods start getting strong. Could help the forum a lot also

Back