Shifting Question...

Forgot to mention my top pet peeve :) For smooth proper enthusiastic driving and gear changes turn off traction control. This can make the car wilder so gradual ramping up is required but it is the only way to get a nice performance out of the car. With TC on many times your car will hesitate right after the 1 to 2nd change and 1st gear launch will also be bumpy.
Bear in mind that turning TC off will turn off stability control and all safety except ABS so use with caution.

It would be nice if the switch was a proper on/off switch and didn't reset itself every time the car is turned back on.

It would be nice if the switch was a proper on/off switch and didn't reset itself every time the car is turned back on.
I wonder if that is something they can change at the dealership. For example on my mazda 3 the double beep on lock down as well as other parameters are configurable for a small cost at the dealership.
TC they can do it as well for Mazda but at the dealership they are not allowed to for legal reasons. I guess best bet if the feature exists would be a non Honda car shop that has the proper Honda control device, not sure what the name is.

I wonder if that is something they can change at the dealership. For example on my mazda 3 the double beep on lock down as well as other parameters are configurable for a small cost at the dealership.
TC they can do it as well for Mazda but at the dealership they are not allowed to for legal reasons. I guess best bet if the feature exists would be a non Honda car shop that has the proper Honda control device, not sure what the name is.

I have a friend that has a Charger with the ability to turn TC off like ours, but he said it is some half-*** type of off and will still kick in under some circumstances. He had to get a mod to be able to actually turn it off, but I think even his still resets when the car is turned on.

I bet there's some legal reason, some precedent or something of that nature so most likely they do not want the TC always off as a feature, hidden or exposed. Still good we can turn it with the button, but honestly sometimes I forget to do it. I would even sign a legal weaver I would not sue Honda for TC not working if I get in an accident with TC off all the time but that would cost them more money for the paperwork... I am not devastated by this but it would be so easy to be able to configure it ourselves.

Back