Shopping for an Si

SiEnthusiast

Hey guys i'm new here and thought i would introduce myself in my first post.
I live in Miami,Fl and am 21 and am pretty much hooked on Civics.
My friend just bought his(LX) a couple of months ago and i have rode it with him and really like how the car handles and how economic it is... He gets an average of 35-40 MPG per fill 80% highway.

I have just started looking at the civic's a couple of days ago and went to the dealer to test drive one on Friday. I test drove the LX and was able to get a good deal on it, but then i had to drive the Si.... WOW
Not only is this car much nicer in and out, its got a better engine. I have always wanted to have a stick car as well, and am not getting it to race, but it is nice knowing that extra torque is there when you need it. I have read the MPG thread on here and have seen the Si's highway miles are off on the EPA. I will be driving this car 30-40 miles daily 4 days a week for school and it will be 90% highway. I should be able to get around 32-34 combine going to school if not more and i am absolutely happy with that. I usually go just 5 past the limit on the highway anyways. My previous car was an automatic wrangler 4.0 that did 12 to the gallon so yea.. lol

So i have gotten several offers from dealers these past 2 days or so... I will list where i stand now..

2012 Civic Si
All standard features + Tints
Dealer wants $22k +tax+tag and fees
Brings it up to around $24.6k
This dealer includes a 10year/100k on powertrain
Free carwashes
Discounted gas
10% off on parts and service

I guess it is not a bad price to pay but i am not looking for a good deal, im looking for a Great one. I am hoping to get $24k OTD and have the wheel locks and splash guards thrown in as well.

The car will be financed for 60 months, credit is perfect and will be getting the 1.9%, with the price as it is now the payment is just shy of $430/month, but i was initially hoping for $400/month, and do not want to extend past the 60 months.

What do you guys think of the deal i am getting and the one i am trying to get?

Thanks in advance for the feedback, and for having such a great forum.

Tints
This dealer includes a 10year/100k on powertrain
Free carwashes
Discounted gas
10% off on parts and service

-Decent tint job can run like $200+
-10yr/100k powertrain warranty is going to cost a chunk at any dealership. You're getting that for the 22k price?
-free car wash - I would avoid. A majority of people will probably confirm that you'll end up with swirls/scratches in your paint from dealerships
-discounted gas - info on this? Limitations? Length of discount?
-10% off on parts/service - I've seen a lot of dealerships offer that, or similar things. You also have to remember that you won't be using that for 3yrs+... you can find cheaper accessories/parts through online shops like collegehillshonda.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/forum-rewards-pricing.2392/
also their normal accessories are priced lower than pretty much any dealership. CollegeHillsHonda
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/civicaccessories.htm

Yes, the dealer includes the 10 year/100k powertrain with any new Honda, it is the only Honda dealer that will do that for me.... Some others want to give a free cruise, but i would take the warranty instead.
The MSRP of the car was $200 more than the base for the tints.
I will not be using the free car wash anyways since the dealer is about a 30 minute drive, and i like to do detailing myself.
Not exactly sure about the discounted gas, but the dealer is far from my house... I will try to bargain with them to give me a cash value to it, although they did not want to do it for the car wash.

Do you think 24.6k out the door is a good price for this car?
Thanks.

Yes, the dealer includes the 10 year/100k powertrain with any new Honda, it is the only Honda dealer that will do that for me.... Some others want to give a free cruise, but i would take the warranty instead.
The MSRP of the car was $200 more than the base for the tints.
I will not be using the free car wash anyways since the dealer is about a 30 minute drive, and i like to do detailing myself.
Not exactly sure about the discounted gas, but the dealer is far from my house... I will try to bargain with them to give me a cash value to it, although they did not want to do it for the car wash.

Do you think 24.6k out the door is a good price for this car?
Thanks.

I think you could get the car for 21.5k plus the fees and taxes , try to push it a little lower. The new models are coming out soon they'll be desperate to move all the cars off the lot. As for the car wash thing, I would avoid that like webby said. The warranty is good but I doubt you'll have any problems (its a honda) the other things I agree with webby, chh sells parts much cheaper.

invoice is like 21,8XX for the coupe. Average si coupe in miami is coming up as $22k on truecar. If you get the 100k warranty, I'd say you're doing good. I don't know the pricing for the 100k off hand, but I'm guessing it's normally around another $1k to the purchase price.

Allright thanks guys.
The car salesman should give me a call tomorrow and let me know what he could do for me. Should get the car by this weekend if i can get it lowered some more.
Will post on the other thread once i buy it.

Just saw a post on a honda fit forum where a guy paid $820 for a 8yr/100k extended warranty. So, 10yr/100k on a civic (which costs more than buying a fit) would surely cost more.

invoice is like 21,8XX for the coupe. Average si coupe in miami is coming up as $22k on truecar. If you get the 100k warranty, I'd say you're doing good. I don't know the pricing for the 100k off hand, but I'm guessing it's normally around another $1k to the purchase price.

invoice is 21,8xx on a coupe? i got mine invoice 21.5xx on a sedan and sedans cost about 200 more.

Allright thanks guys.
The car salesman should give me a call tomorrow and let me know what he could do for me. Should get the car by this weekend if i can get it lowered some more.
Will post on the other thread once i buy it.

Good luck on your purchase! Looking at it over I think the price is good for the warranty included. Every thing else they offered is useless in my opinion.

21,9XX is invoice on the sedan (including destination). There are a million variables on pricing, trade in vehicles, interest rates, accessories bought, extended warranties,... there are ways to wiggle pricing around.

21,9XX is invoice on the sedan (including destination). There are a million variables on pricing, trade in vehicles, interest rates, accessories bought, extended warranties,... there are ways to wiggle pricing around.

I see, I'm sure the dealerships have their own invoice prices. I've received a few different ones when shopping around but they were all around 21.5 - 21.7

i got my navi coupe with hfp full lip kit installed for 24 OTD
look around for a bit and bring your deals to other dealers, they will always beat their competitors :]

That is one heck of a deal Michael, wondering what the sales taxes are in your area.

I came to an agreement with the dealer this morning. They will be doing $24k OTD for the civic mentioned and throw in the wheel locks, and the splash guards.
It is hard to beat the 10 year warranty as well, but it is non-transferrable and frankly i'm not sure i will have the car for 10 years.

I think it's a pretty good deal considering that taxes here for a $22k car is $1430.

Going to go pick it up this afternoon.

It doesn't help as well that i have always wanted this color civic, and it is the only one in my area with the options i wanted... some others had the color but with useless features(FOR ME) such as Navi, or the HFP kits which made the car around 26k OTD.
The other best deal i was able to get was on a Black Si... The dealer had no incentives and they wanted $22.3 for the car + taxes, etc.

Anyways, i'm happy paying around $420 for 60 months on this car

Well got my Si!!!
They were able to waive the dealer fee at the last minute and reduced the price $400 more. Got the car for like 23k OTD, which is better than i expected! Even below MSRP with everything included.
I love the car, and it is a dream to drive.

Well got my Si!!!
They were able to waive the dealer fee at the last minute and reduced the price $400 more. Got the car for like 23k OTD, which is better than i expected! Even below MSRP with everything included.
I love the car, and it is a dream to drive.
awesome man, you got a great deal! 23k otd for me all i got was extended warranty lol i knew you could get a better deal. enjoy the car!

Back