Short ram or cold air.

Last week I bought a 2012 civic si, it has a catback full race exhaust, and I'm looking to put an exhaust oj, just wondering what you guys prefer and would love some input.
Thanks for the future help by a first time poster
54851b8e3982fdeda0c4ce88e0a6338c.jpg

Depends on what your plans are. NA or FI? RBC? Stock throttle body?

vitviper has said that the prl short ram was the only intake he saw gains with while tuning.

vitviper has said that the prl short ram was the only intake he saw gains with while tuning.
Actually I believe he said the PRL CAI was the only intake he'd personally seen gains with while tuning. I don't know if he's tested the PRL short ram or not. At least that's what I recall, could be wrong.

This one:
http://prlmotorsports.com/prlmotors...ion2012civicsistockmanifold.aspx#.U-voLYBdXJE

EDIT: Also, regarding your original question... I personally don't think it'd be worth it to install the CAI unless you had further plans for mods (such as forced induction)... The CAI will make your car quite a bit louder, especially under heavy throttle, but maybe you like that? I enjoy it to a point, and like the way it looks, but getting to the filter is a PITA, you have some risk of hydrolock given how low the filter sits, and the battery is more difficult to get to. On the plus side, the CAI does look nice and frees up a lot of space under the hood. Makes changing the shifter cable bushings a breeze! ;-)

you are correct on the cai - my bad

The PRL CAI is the only intake I have seen to date that actually makes any power over the stock airbox. All the typical 'rush to market' intakes I've seen so far make doo-doo power.

Back