Should I Trade My 2015 Black Si Sedan For A 2014 Orange Coupe?

Architar

Looking for pros and cons (obviously highly subjective). Both cars are non-navi. Been loving my '15 Si sedan for 18 months (18.5k miles), however, an orange '14 Si (13.5k miles) showed up in a lot today and caught my eye. The orange is love or hate I suppose, but it could grow on me. I'm not hauling backseat passengers these days, and the thought of sporting it up a bit more intrigues me. I've read that the'15 models have upgraded firmware for the dash data (can someone fill me in if an improvement?), and I'm wondering if there's anything else of note. I think my audio sounds better (maybe due to the larger trio of speakers I see in the back deck of my '15).

I was hoping to negotiate the car and some money back, but dealer blew that up. I argued that a sedan in black (immaculate) that's a model year newer would be an easier sell for them than an orange car (very clean) with a more limited appeal base (even though it has 5k fewer miles). The closest I got was an offer of $19,500 for my '15 against a $20,838 for their '14, so I walked. One other detail...the coupe had a louder exhaust tone, nice but not overwhelming. Even though the dealer said the car was stock, I found an Injen Tech muffler hanging underneath (non-stock I imagine). Plus or minus?

Would appreciate your thoughts on any/all of the above.

Architar

If you're into style upgrades, there are more parts for the sedan. The coupe is available in North America. The sedan is available in the rest of the world, so body kits and that kind of stuff is available on the sedan. Injen makes an axle back muffler. It may sound a bit louder, but offers no real performance upgrades. Sound system/speakers and everything else is the same.

I first had the coupe and liked how I can fold the drivers seat forward to put things in the back seat, but the coupes doors are longer and heavier and it sucked getting in and out in tight spots. Double check the headspace too, i dont know if there is a difference. For me the sedan worked better because I use the back seats for storage too and it is much easier opening the rear doors then reaching back in the coupe.

I think thats it that would be relative to you, just the larger doors in the coupe was a pain in the *** sometimes. It did really sucked getting out of the back seat, especially after a few drinks lol. Oh! I really liked the rear side storage on the coupe, it was handle to keep little things like gloves

I would stick with the vehicle you have if its paid off. Mechanically there aren't any major differences between body styles, and Webby was correct in saying that the Sedan has more aftermarket support in the styling department because it is offered internationally.

A lot of the racing teams ran sedans because the weight difference was slight but the distribution over the slightly longer wheelbase was better. I know some run coupes but fun fact for sedan over coupe.

Thanks all. A lot of good input here. Should probably stick with what I've got.

Call me crazy, but does anyone out there have a low milage 2015 Si coupe in white who wished they'd picked the sedan in black instead? Talking swap down here in 70053 land.

Last edited:
Back