Photos Show Us Your Window Tint Pics

Holy crap some of you guys have dark windows. Around here anything on the windshield and driver/front passenger windows that reduces more than 30% of the light is illegal (70% of light must still pass through to register as "safe" on the tint meter), but back windows can be as dark as you want. It still doesn't stop everyone from tinting the front darker... but they get tickets and then have to remove it so it's pretty expensive since you've got to pay for the tint in the first place, then pay the $180 fine when the cops decide to pull you over, then pay to have it removed.

Holy crap some of you guys have dark windows. Around here anything on the windshield and driver/front passenger windows that reduces more than 30% of the light is illegal (70% of light must still pass through to register as "safe" on the tint meter), but back windows can be as dark as you want. It still doesn't stop everyone from tinting the front darker... but they get tickets and then have to remove it so it's pretty expensive since you've got to pay for the tint in the first place, then pay the $180 fine when the cops decide to pull you over, then pay to have it removed.

I can legally paint the back windows black but must keep the 3rd brake light visable but the fronts cannot have more than 70% tinted, have had the tint for at least 3 years and only had 2 cops stop me for speeding (ting is not a primary offense) and only 1 gave me a ticket the other let me go... Ticket was 90 bucks..

our laws here are exactly the same, but most people dont care and do it anyways. i had 4-5 tickets on my ep3 and fg2 for window tint before i sold them. they were 108 each time, but no tickets on the fb6 yet (knock on wood). i guess its just not as sporty (an attention queen) as the other two si's lol

I can legally paint the back windows black but must keep the 3rd brake light visable but the fronts cannot have more than 70% tinted, have had the tint for at least 3 years and only had 2 cops stop me for speeding (ting is not a primary offense) and only 1 gave me a ticket the other let me go... Ticket was 90 bucks..
I believe my province has the most expensive speeding tickets in Canada, starting at $260ish and going up to $600... so consider yourself lucky! I've only earned one (thankfully) quite a few years ago.

our laws here are exactly the same, but most people dont care and do it anyways. i had 4-5 tickets on my ep3 and fg2 for window tint before i sold them. they were 108 each time, but no tickets on the fb6 yet (knock on wood). i guess its just not as sporty (an attention queen) as the other two si's lol

We've had cops here run their key through the tint in the front windows. So if you want to keep it, you've got to pay the fine and redo it... then likely get another fine. Most people that do it don't keep it for long it seems because it isn't worth the hassle the cops give you.

35% all around. Done right. The fronts needed a different shade of tint to come out to 35. But this guy was good. He measured each window to make sure they were all 35%

Front looks lighter because of all the light entering through the front windshield and roof.
uploadfromtaptalk1345269712030.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

35% all around. Done right. The fronts needed a different shade of tint to come out to 35. But this guy was good. He measured each window to make sure they were all 35%

Front looks lighter because of all the light entering through the front windshield and roof.
View attachment 3594

IMO this looks the best if your gonna tint the windows. I still like to be able to see inside the vehicle but just an outline of whats inside if ya know what I mean.
My biggest dilemma is the tint sometimes gets air bubbles under it (especially the rear window) and gets scratched on the inside over time just from wear and tear. Then it looks like crap and idk how easy it is to take off. I would be worried the rear defrost would get damaged. :(

IMO this looks the best if your gonna tint the windows. I still like to be able to see inside the vehicle but just an outline of whats inside if ya know what I mean.
My biggest dilemma is the tint sometimes gets air bubbles under it (especially the rear window) and gets scratched on the inside over time just from wear and tear. Then it looks like crap and idk how easy it is to take off. I would be worried the rear defrost would get damaged. :(

Good tint shops use good tint with a good warranty...

I have limited lifetime warranty on the tint, which is pretty much as long as I own the car any bubbles, scratches or any issues it's free to fix. I had to remove the front tints cause Delaware DMV is retard ( didn't have the original tint waiver just a copy) and my tint shop is gonna replace the front tints for free...

now that is beautiful

Thanks! And yea I know exactly what you mean.

Ran with no tint for a while but I finally decided to get tint. I went with 5% rear and 20% front. Will take a better pic in the daylight. It was 7:30pm so looks really dark.

20120818_194941.jpg

35% All around except windshield. It looks nice and dark but as long as the sunroof visor is open you can see right in the car. Night visibility is perfectly fine (even when out in the boonies). We still find we need to dim the mirror when people are behind us with their lights on.
IMG_8196.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

siracergrl.......... I like your car and the tint looks good. Virginia wouldn't let me do 35% on my door windows(Coupe) had to settle for 50%... :banghead:

Such a shame. I'm sure the 50% still looks good though. Something is better than nothing IMO

You don't really wanna mess with VA police, they are prob the worse in the U.S...
They'll even confiscate "Radar Detectors", and we have a yearly inspection and it will not pass if the film is not the correct %..........

Back