Si Suspension on Non Si fits!

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
I have been lowered on Eibach Pro Kit springs for almost 2 years and I am feeling the car to be more bumpy and loose. I knew this was going to happen because the stock springs are not designed for the drop. I have the opportunity to upgrade my suspension. The seller bought a 2013 Si and a few months later got the complete HFP kit. His Si suspension is sitting in a box collecting dust.

So, if understand correctly, the Si shocks and struts are a direct bolt on for my 2012 LX.

1) Could someone confirm that this suspension is direct bolt on. @ADExternal @webby @Joe Liu

2) Is the 2013 OEM Si suspension stiffer than the 2012 OEM LX suspension?

3) Will this lower the car more? (I.E. Is the Si suspension lower than the LX suspension?)

Thanks.

*******Updates******
Confirmed it works here:
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/si-suspension-on-non-si-fits.12758/page-4#post-333963

Last edited:
Pauly, I've had different LXs as loaners from the dealer and I can tell you that the Si suspension is stiffer than the stock LX. I would expect it to be that way anyway as the handling is much better.

Looking at our cars side by side I don't think that the Si is any lower than the LX.

I can't speak to the ability to directly bolt It on. I'm sure someone has that answer.

Actually, I just took a screen shot of the sales brochure for the 2014 Civic sedan. The Si does seem to sit a bit lower. This is a Cdn brochure so the numbers are mm.

image.jpg

I would be going 5 mm lower. This means more of those brown ice bombs (aka tire well boogers) would be hitting the undercarriage. Haha
Those things are worse than speed bumps. I cringe every time one of those hits the bottom of the car. I imagine them to be pylons and do my best to avoid them.

Last edited:
You can always get aftermarket shocks and keep your Eibach springs.:wink1:

Someone tried this and said it actually raised their lx slightly by using the si springs over their oem stock lx springs.

Back