Significant vibration after changing brakes

For testing purposes, it'd be interesting to see if you put the drivers wheel on the passenger side to see what it does. Do you see the "wobble" on the passenger side? I can definitely see a wobble when you put the drivers wheel on in the 2nd vid.

For testing purposes, it'd be interesting to see if you put the drivers wheel on the passenger side to see what it does. Do you see the "wobble" on the passenger side? I can definitely see a wobble when you put the drivers wheel on in the 2nd vid.

This. If the wobble moves it's the wheel if not it's something suspension related.

Also you mentioned the axle. There could be the potential that whatever you hit whacked the axle and bent it slightly that would cause vibrations.

Alright guys, I apologize for the late update, but I've been pretty busy this summer. With that said, I took it to a shop that I trust/feel would help me out (MPbuilt shop). They couldn't find anything wrong with the hub assembly, but concluded that it could be the axle that's slightly bent AND it could be the engine mounts weakening. Idk about the engine mounts conclusion, but the axles definitely sound like a good place to start fixing. So I'm gonna buy new ones and see from there how things are. As always, any advice and/or helpful opinions are welcomed! Fyi, it might be some time before I update again but I'll do this as soon as I can.

Hey guys. First and foremost, I apologize for 1) reviving an old thread and 2) for updating a year later, but that’s because I think my problem just got solved. Since my last reply, I honestly thought I might have to live and get used to the vibration and I kinda accepted it, but it still bothered me. So the backstory to how I got it fixed now was basically because of the Honda dealership near my place. I’ve been to 3 different dealerships before this one trying to figure out what my problem was. They all gave me diffferent answers and I thought, “I’m never gonna find the problem”. So now to this dealership near me...basically I’ve been going there for oil changes since last year and every time I go, their customer service is very good and have told me of things I should do to my car (regular maintenance) but did not pressure me into purchasing and always gave me the benefit of “don’t worry, you don’t have to get it done now, but get this other thing done first/sooner”. Idk, this dealership just made me feel better about them, than the other dealerships, so I thought why not ask them to look for my problem. Long story short they suggested it was my front rotors that were abnormally worn and had a lot of hot spots. The accompanying pads were of “cheap” quality and the tires had to be replaced. I didn’t wanna pay the dealership $580 to do a front brake only job, so I just bought all 4 stoptech slotted rotors and their sport pads, got myself the k-tuned rear camber kit as well, and purchased new tires. Once all the parts came in, I took it to the shop I trust and go to, and would you believe it? The vibration went away :bananawhipdance:. I hope this helps other people’s situation in the same boat I was in.

Hey guys. First and foremost, I apologize for 1) reviving an old thread and 2) for updating a year later, but that’s because I think my problem just got solved. Since my last reply, I honestly thought I might have to live and get used to the vibration and I kinda accepted it, but it still bothered me. So the backstory to how I got it fixed now was basically because of the Honda dealership near my place. I’ve been to 3 different dealerships before this one trying to figure out what my problem was. They all gave me diffferent answers and I thought, “I’m never gonna find the problem”. So now to this dealership near me...basically I’ve been going there for oil changes since last year and every time I go, their customer service is very good and have told me of things I should do to my car (regular maintenance) but did not pressure me into purchasing and always gave me the benefit of “don’t worry, you don’t have to get it done now, but get this other thing done first/sooner”. Idk, this dealership just made me feel better about them, than the other dealerships, so I thought why not ask them to look for my problem. Long story short they suggested it was my front rotors that were abnormally worn and had a lot of hot spots. The accompanying pads were of “cheap” quality and the tires had to be replaced. I didn’t wanna pay the dealership $580 to do a front brake only job, so I just bought all 4 stoptech slotted rotors and their sport pads, got myself the k-tuned rear camber kit as well, and purchased new tires. Once all the parts came in, I took it to the shop I trust and go to, and would you believe it? The vibration went away :bananawhipdance:. I hope this helps other people’s situation in the same boat I was in.
Did your ever have the rotors turned prior to replacing them? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back