Ski & Snowboard Thread

most of the stuff resides in Vermont or New Hampshire on the east

^ I was just responding to tony about east coast places. Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana ..all have top resorts

r4JvZAR.jpg

Robert and I are going to Breckenridge, Colorado at the end of next month :)

I have never been skiing before but he says I will be doing so then

Breckenridge is amazing. Only been out West once but it was incredible and I always consider moving there.

Colorado945_zps34fef645.jpg

Altitude sickness is no joke. I thought it was a joke, and joked about it, then spent a night in bed wishing i was dead.

Copper

Colorado537_zps1bdf8260.jpg

Vail

Colorado704_zpsf737f911.jpg

And this isnt snowboard related, but saw it while in Colorado and I have never seen it before or ever again. Its a live lobster crane machine. You catch the lobster, they cook it for you.

Colorado201_zps99d92ea4.jpg

I've done the lobster crane before, locally...years ago. I actually caught one. I cried and made them put it back LOL

I'm a ski bum. I grew up in the west and skied the Rockies: Lake Louise (Banff), Marmott Basin (Jasper) and many other in Alberta and BC. Very fond memories of Lake Louise. Banff is a hot spot for skiers: Lake Louise, Sunshine village and Mt. Norquay.

Nowadays i live in Quebec City and have a pass at Stonham and Mt Sainte Anne. Go with my twin boys (9) regularly. I'll have to post a couple pics on here after our next adventure.

Love to get out to Le Massif when I can. The views are spectacular....

ski-massif.jpg

Last edited:
Le Massif is awesome.. I preferred it to Sunshine Village overall (not any new snow in a while when I showed up)...

You have been to Le Massif...Live nearby?

Over in Ottawa.

It's only about 6 hours away :)

Should be heading down to Whiteface NY in early March.. although my fav place is Whistler Blackcomb for sure... those Blackcomb double blacks after a crazy powder dump are basically as good as it gets.. well... I'd think unless you could afford heli-skiing in Valdez, AK.

Ottawa, no not far away. I'm only 1 hour 15 away from le Massif, but usually find myself at Mont Ste Anne. Really enjoyed Mont Tremblant, just north of Montreal. Really picturesque village at the bottom makes for fantastic après ski. :beer:

I've done Tremblant to death.. conveniently enough, I'm heading there this weekend. Hopefully it will be good condition wise and not crazy busy...

Back