Ski & Snowboard Thread

This was me earlier this morning:

UeNd0ux.gif

Oh $hit!!!
U survived... :woot:

1st time skiing with no falls!!?? That's basically unheard of.... you may have found a new profession ;)

where did you ski?

love it. How did you like breck compared to other places?

TONS of people. Lift wait times were pretty nasty. Will def. go midweek next time! (I do plan on going back there though!)

define nasty? I've never been there

Great thread! Love seeing ski pics....take em' while you can! I went out to Stonham last week and Mont Sainte Anne the week before with my boys. Got to get out at least a couple more times on our season night pass before this rain melts it all away. Will try to remember to take pics.

That's long???!!!?? At the rinky dink "hill" they have here wait times on the weekends are like 30-min+ and its like 2 min down if you go fast. Also its like a $65 lift ticket for 8 hours, not even the whole day.

I've never had lines like that in Snowbird even on the week around/through Christmas. My only complaint of Breck is the $100/day lift ticket. 9-4

That's long???!!!?? At the rinky dink "hill" they have here wait times on the weekends are like 30-min+ and its like 2 min down if you go fast. Also its like a $65 lift ticket for 8 hours, not even the whole day.

Sounds fun.

I had looked up rates earlier this year to see how they compared...
I know jackson wy was $100/day
park city ut $102/day
vail co $109/day
aspen co $122/day
a lot of places are right around that price
(without rentals/equipment...and in some cases without parking)

Life Stlyes of the rich and famous.

Quebec has super high taxes, but we have our inexpensive bonuses....skiing being one of them. Full day at Mont Sainte Anne $66 or $60 for 8 hours. Never any lift lines.....to expensive for us......ha ha

powder mountain utah - $65/day at the window. (9am-9pm)
around $55-60 if you buy them from retailers around the mountain.

1st time skiing with no falls!!?? That's basically unheard of.... you may have found a new profession ;)

where did you ski?

Yup. 1st time skiing ever. I went ice skating a few weeks ago and did not fall either. I was VERY proud of myself.

My wife was jealous and confused on how I didn't fall at skiing. She says I'm not coordinated (which I'm not) but I didn't fall. I don't know how good I looked coming down the mountain tho :giggle: She fell a few times and got pissed so she stayed down at the bottom and video'd me a few times :)

We went to Ski Roundtop (outside of Harrisburg, PA)

Back