Slow but SERIOUS build thread

I've seen those in person... they look inexpensive. The high end wheels in that design are nice though. I've got nothing against XXR or rep wheels but sometimes they just cant pull off the style without it looking like it came from Wal-Mart. Same with the Rota J-Mags. Look great on the computer but in person there is just something off.

What's your wheel budget? I'm looking at new wheels for next spring... I might let you in on a secret.

Yes!!!! Exactly!!! These xxrs look like pep boys wheels lol, and I'm not planning to get wheels till next spring, too late between my hfp kit then coils, sway bar, etc plus all the small stuff I buy in between but Im planning on getting Enkei RPF1's in the SBC colorway, maybe 18x8, I could probably pull off 17s if I go low on coils but I'd like 18s.

RPF1's look best in a 9" width. Make sure you check pics before you get 8". They go from clamshell convex to a real nice concave look. Even 8.5" doesn't look like the 9.

Im thinkin about WedsSport SA-15r in 18s. They're new so I don't think a lot of people have them yet.

RPF1's look best in a 9" width. Make sure you check pics before you get 8". They go from clamshell convex to a real nice concave look. Even 8.5" doesn't look like the 9.

Im thinkin about WedsSport SA-15r in 18s. They're new so I don't think a lot of people have them yet.

I haven't even seen those yet! Have any pics? And really? I haven't noticed, I'd love to go 9" wide but then that means I'd have to roll my fenders and what not correct? Depending how low I am?

I dunno if you'd have to do fender work. It seems like a lot of people are stuffing huge wheels with aggressive offsets and not having to. There is the wheel fitment chart thread. Lots of info in there. I know the RPF1 comes in an 18x9 +45 offset in the 5x114.3 drilling. With that you should have lots of room and be able to run a small spacer if you needed to.

I haven't seen many pics of the SA15s yet. I know they are available for the FRS/BRZ. Not much info available. I'm just trying to find something I like in a very particular size. I want 18x8 +40. Evasive motorsports has them in 18x8.5 +48 in the civic bolt pattern. I'd definitely be running spacers with that.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=WEDS-SA15R

gallery_l_sa15r_1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I'll look into all that. I haven't done much research on how my wheel set up is going to be yet lol I'm taking everything one step at a time. And man those wheels look great!!!! How much? Lol

Evasive has them for $323 each so like $1200 which isn't bad. That's RPF price range.

I know there is a vendor on one of the BRZ/FRS forums offering specials in the $1000 range on them. I'll probably join and send a PM when it gets closer to ordering time, see if I can't get a better price. hehe.

I just have to decide if 18x8.5 or 18x7.5 depending on that concave look.

They are pretty cheap for Weds. :omg: How much do they weigh?

It's not too bad. 17lbs for a 17x7.5 is pretty much the same as the Konig Feathers.

For coil overs don't count out the Megan street coilovers. Camber adjusting front upper mounts 32 way dampening and they can get low. And you can't beet 850 shipped

For coil overs don't count out the Megan street coilovers. Camber adjusting front upper mounts 32 way dampening and they can get low. And you can't beet 850 shipped

That's the main thing that scares me away. But the price also scared me away from my tsudo and I love it lol, how you like the ride and build quality on the Megan's? They haven't given you any issues?

No they are great. I've put probably around 8 to 9 thousand miles on them so far and they are great. Set your dampening in the middle and it feels better than stock even while slammed. Pm wesellcarparts and they will hook you up with a good deal. Very well made and I'm very happy with them. Would recommend spending the extra and get the street over the eZstreet.

No they are great. I've put probably around 8 to 9 thousand miles on them so far and they are great. Set your dampening in the middle and it feels better than stock even while slammed. Pm wesellcarparts and they will hook you up with a good deal. Very well made and I'm very happy with them. Would recommend spending the extra and get the street over the eZstreet.

I'll definitely look into them man, the money I save can go into getting everything installed and an alignment also lol. Thanks a lot man

No problem. If you get them and you want my ride height I can send you my specs so you can have them all set up before they go on. Makes it a much easier and quicker process. Eddie Blanco set his up off my specs and said it made it super easy

Back