smell when turning on the car in cold weather

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
Hello guys

NYC got a few inches snow this weekend. I drove under the weather as usual. I don't know if it is a coincident or the issue has been there for a while.

This morning, I got out of my home around 15f degree, to start my car to warm it up.

After I turned the ignition, I popped the trunk button and tried to fix stuffs inside the trunk.

However, as I walked to the rear of the car, I smelled something strong from my car, probably a gas smell. It smelled for a good minute or two, or three then stopped.

Is this a concern? Could it be possible a leak? I.e. Gas fuel line, fuel injector leak, hose etc?

I contacted my mechanic and he said he can check for me. But my schedule is tight. If this is an urgent issue, I may set this as a high priority.

Thanks

Tak

Hello

One of my friends suggested me to put a bottle of fuel injector cleaner to see how it goes.

So I bought a STP fuel injector cleaner, and added it along the regular gas fill up tonight.

So far, I seem to not smell the gas so far. I will check it tomorrow again.

So what's happening?

Thanks

Tak

I wouldn't know where to begin without putting cardboard or something under the car to see if you end up with visible drops. The real solution would be to jack up the car or put it on a lift. It could be anywhere from the gas tank to a fuel lines under the car. Does it sit in a garage at night? Can you put something under the car to see evidence?

Back