Snow Tires - Dunlop Graspic DS-3

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
I ran these tires all last winter. They worked great in deep snow and in really cold icy conditions. I found the civic to be a lot less capable in snow than any other car i've have before. The snow tires made a huge difference and I felt confident driving with them on. Driving quickly at that. If you live anywhere with significant snow I would recommend you look into a dedicated "snow" tire. My mileage did not suffer at all with these on and they hardly wore down in the 10,000 I put on them last year. Ride was excellent and I didn't notice a lot of road noise. People have written reviews about the tires "singing" or producing strange harmonics. Ill probably be putting these back on the car at the end of October or early November.

Winter Setup - Stock 16" steel wheel with Dunlop Graspic DS-3 in 205/55/r16

They are around $100 in this size on tirerack.

http://dunloptires.com/catalog/tire...c_-_ps|graspic_ds-3|dunlop_graspic_ds_3|exact

I can confirm that the user lives in the snow belt of northern NY. Great info/review. Thanks :thumbsup:

Great Review! I have the Dunlop Wintersport 3D's current on my Subie. Dunlop makes some VERY nice winter tires!! :dance:

I know I'm a little late in this conversation, but I've been looking for snow tires for my Civic. I was thinking of sticking with the stock wheels, and putting Blizzaks on it (the WS70s)... TireRack has them for $123 a piece. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...&autoMake=Honda&autoYear=2012&autoModel=Civic Sedan&autoModClar=EX-L

Any thoughts on this particular tire on the Civic? Should I get different wheels entirely? I will say my '09 Corolla rocked in the snow. The Civic sits a lot lower. Sometimes we don't get plowed out for days, so I need to get through some pretty deep snow, if that changes anyone's opinion (I'm a Michigander - we get tons of lake effect snow). I didn't ever put different tires on my Corolla because it just didn't need them... in fact, I've never had snows before, so this is a whole new world for me. :) I appreciate any thoughts/suggestions. I'm not so much concerned with price as I am with safety.

Some people like getting steel rims with snow tires so they can just bolt/unbolt the summer/winters. That way you don't have to pay a tire shop to mount and unmount/balance them each season. Another thing is road salt on rims. Some don't want their summer or stock rims to go though road salt all winter. That's your call.

The blizzks have a great reputation for snow tires. Some say there are better tires if you deal more with just ice, but that's not the case with you. I don't think you can go wrong with a set.

Back