Something that perplexes me.

Anyone want to explain what happened that made it such a big deal? I know no one probably wants to talk about it in a thread so is there a thread I can read or maybe someone message me?

Anyway I don't really like the other forum although I am a member. Some of those people are just kind of annoying and I sense a 16 year old ricer vibe on the other site. Oh and plastidip everything

That being said, I really prefer the forum platform 9thcivic is on over the other forum.

I came from 8th and for me not only did the members become little whiney kids that had nothing to contribute, but the mod staff changed and they became power hungry....

I'm members of both - and I'm not very well-liked at the other place because of my very-likely over posting of my dissatisfaction with how Honda handled the 2012 vs 2013, paired with some questionable dealership experiences and ongoing concerns I had with my 2012 Si. Most people don't lash out at you over there if you mention it once or twice, but if you get known for it (which I probably deserved to a certain degree, even though it was ALWAYS on topic), certain members eviscerate you any chance they get - even if you didn't say anything "negative", and they have no problem pulling the thread off topic with with their not-so-veiled insults.

Clearly a member wouldn't go out of his way to be on a forum if he didn't love the car. But everyone has their opinions, and as long as you're not insulting someone or being off-topic when "complaining", I don't see the problem with having that kinda diversity. While the 2012 Civic wasn't nearly as bad as people like I often said it was, there's a lot of 2013 butthurt over there subconsciously, and it shows by how aggressive and angry some members are about anyone who so much as compares the two vehicles (even in a positive way). I've seen it happen to many other users beside myself.

That said, the moderator team (two in particular are outstanding, I can't name names) have gotten better, and trolling/harassing posts are seriously taken care of, which was something sorely needed. While there's a lot of good members over there, there's a lot of people who believe a forum should be rose-tinted glasses about how perfect a vehicle is, when in fact, these forums can be the major catalyst for help diagnosing ongoing problems in a vehicle. Look at the Service Bulletin Archieve I posted on 8thCivic years ago before my access changed - tens of thousands of downloads of them, according to the file hosting site.

I joined them first cuz I saw it first, but I know a lot of members on THIS forum from my days at 8th (though my user name was different back then). Good people - really.

I don't believe in forum wars, however. We're both owners of the same generation of vehicles - we should be respectful of one another. There are always benefits and shortcomings of every forum. But like others have said - quality over quantity is usually a good thing in forums.

Ya I made a screen name over there and quickly notice severs ignorance over there. I have people questioning my body repair advice. As a bmw master certified paint and body man I got a little upset by not body men telling me that my methods are wrong. I've been doing this for a while and know what im talking about. If you don't want to take my advice fine but don't tell me im wrong about auto body

Ya I made a screen name over there and quickly notice severs ignorance over there. I have people questioning my body repair advice. As a bmw master certified paint and body man I got a little upset by not body men telling me that my methods are wrong. I've been doing this for a while and know what im talking about. If you don't want to take my advice fine but don't tell me im wrong about auto body

This. I have certainly noticed that one of the things that get to me over there is that someone posts a thread asking for opinions, advice, or experiences you've had. You give them, and people, rather than politely debating why they disagree, just say you're wrong or try to somehow insinuate that you're opinion doesn't matter for some juvenile reason.

Even if the topic has been beat to death, some people don't know about it, and are asking - its not off topic to say the same thing over and over, when its applicable!

This. I have certainly noticed that one of the things that get to me over there is that someone posts a thread asking for opinions, advice, or experiences you've had. You give them, and people, rather than politely debating why they disagree, just say you're wrong or try to somehow insinuate that you're opinion doesn't matter for some juvenile reason.

Even if the topic has been beat to death, some people don't know about it, and are asking - its not off topic to say the same thing over and over, when its applicable!

You coming to hang out over here? Folks tend to be nicer and I'm not overlording :police: .

You coming to hang out over here? Folks tend to be nicer and I'm not overlording :police: .

Hey, you're one of the main reasons I stayed on 9thgen. I use both sites because I was a member of 8thcivic back when I had my 8th gens, but happened to find 9thgencivic first. There's valuable info on both (sometimes one has info the other doesn't, etc.).

Two different forums with different personalities!

Hey, you're one of the main reasons I stayed on 9thgen. I use both sites because I was a member of 8thcivic back when I had my 8th gens, but happened to find 9thgencivic first. There's valuable info on both (sometimes one has info the other doesn't, etc.).

Two different forums with different personalities!

For sure. One of the admins and myself just stepped down to normal status over there. But my mailboxes are always open for a rant when others are being ignorant. How are you liking your new '13? Fit and finish is better than the '12 now that I've actually gotten to see a '13 Si in person.

For sure. One of the admins and myself just stepped down to normal status over there. But my mailboxes are always open for a rant when others are being ignorant. How are you liking your new '13? Fit and finish is better than the '12 now that I've actually gotten to see a '13 Si in person.

Should I be worried? Or did you guys just want to be regular members again? I know being a mod is hard *** work - and its a thankless job. But I'll definitely message you if someone's getting unruly. People have been pretty good lately, all things considered.

I really am enjoying the 2013. I ended up going with the Dyno Blue Si sedan instead of the coupe. I loved the sleek side profile of my '12 coupe, but the changes thy made to the front and rear of the sedan (particularly those tail lights) were a no brainer for me. Overall, I'm much happier with the car. The interior, to me, is significantly improved. I know a lot of people think it only marginal and a little 'foam', but to me, it's much more than that. It just has a far more premium, polished feel to it. It looks like a far more expensive car than it is. I didn't think I'd like the carbon fiber trim at first, but its grown on me. And for me, personally, the wind noise is almost non-existent (we all know that was perhaps my biggest complaint with the 2012). This may not matter to a majority of people, but everyone's got their differences.

The only quirks I have with it is that I feel like the the repositioning of the vents is less effective. Its hard to explain, but I can't really "feel" the air blowing as strong as the 12. I'm also struggling to find a seating position I like in the sedan, where I never really had that issue with the coupe. Probably all in my head, though. The rear driver's side door also seems to be a bit off. I haven't been able to compare it to another Si yet, but if you're looking at it standing just behind the tailight, the bottom of the door edge literally sticks out from the body of the car - I can fit my finger sup underneath it. Its certianly not a big deal as the door shuts just fine, but I'll have to remind myself to take a look next time I see another sedan. The seatback also still has that annoying "pop" feeling/sound when pressure is placed on it randomly, but I know that issue is ongoing with these cars - I'm not having them ripping it apart to fix something that can't be fixed, you know?

If its possible, the dash also feels bigger. Haven't decided if that's a good or bad thing yet haha. Overall though, I couldn't be happier. It was the right move for me and the four door was probably the smartest decision I've made all year!

Back