Super Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Charlotte-ish, NC
Vehicle Model
Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Body Style
@bootyluvr hates hatches
Little back story......I sold a guy a set of angel eyes from my previous BMW. A week of two later he tells me they don't fit and wants a refund. I let him know it's no problem and to send me back the items so I can refund him the money. Last communication with him was around Feb. 12 when he received my shipping address.

I just got a notice from paypal that a dispute has been opened. Mind you I have not received the items back to this day.

He sent me a PM from the BMW site on the 19th (which I just read today, my fault). In that PM he tells me the amount he wants back and that he still has the parts on the car. I replied back telling him I have not received the item yet, obviously, and that I saw the dispute on paypal.

I understand that since I did not reply to his Feb 19th PM made him weary but why would you open a dispute if you have not sent back the items your requesting a refund for. Yes, a middle man always helps but come on.....

/rant

if you have original tracking info... you could probably get the claim closed with paypal

• Staff
if you have original tracking info... you could probably get the claim closed with paypal

I don't think he has shipped them back yet but he wants his money back. I asked him to give me a tracking number if he has one. Has not replied to me in since I have PM'ed him around 11am today.

The fit issue is with the shroud hitting the angel eye when you try to close up the headlight. You can remove the shroud and have it fit but the headlight looks ugly/incomplete without it. I had the same issue but cut into the shroud to make it fit. it is known that the brand that I bought has hit or miss fitment issues.

Last edited:
I guess he doesn't want to cut into the shroud.

That is def NOT happening. Sucks that Paypal is holding that money in "limbo" until things get squared away. Makes me look bad when I did nothing wrong. I am just waiting on him....

I had an incident similar to this back in my Honda-Tech days, thankfully PayPal resolved the issue quickly in my favor. Hopefully the same goes for you :thumb:

Last edited:
OK....mor pissed now. He finally responded 2 days ago telling me he had shipped them out and the would arrive to me on the 1st. Last night, the Feb 28th, he sent me a request for his money. MF'er! I told you I need the item BEFORE I send you the money!!! How hard is that to understand.

OK....mor pissed now. He finally responded 2 days ago telling me he had shipped them out and the would arrive to me on the 1st. Last night, the Feb 28th, he sent me a request for his money. MF'er! I told you I need the item BEFORE I send you the money!!! How hard is that to understand.
Main thing is to just stick to your guns and wait to receive them back. Some people will try, relentlessly, to break a person's will so they get the refund first, and then the items never find their way back. People, for the most part, are pretty reasonable and as you can see, everyone reading this on here is under the complete understanding that an item has to be returned before receiving a refund, be it full or partial. Unfortunately common sense is becoming less and less common.

I know...guy is just being stupid. I will check over everything and test them before I even think of sending him any money.

did he give you tracking to show he really sent them back?

images

Back