speed motoring short shifter adapter?

are you using that brand?? also do I still have to cut that little piece off on shifter holder?

I bought the same one on ebay, same price. same vendor? I don't recall. Yes, you have to cut off the piece that you're talking about. It is not nearly the hassle that it's portrayed to be, if you do this:

1) remove shift knob and retainer.

2) pull up hard on the inside edges of the shift boot frame (the rectangular ring at base), and carefully remove it from the center console

3) unscrew the right hand side of the center console. I then literally used a small bungie cord to keep it out of my way while working. Then, here's the time saver. No need to take everythign apart or remove the shifter housing. I didn;t even undo the shifter cabling (look at Squiggy's thorough DIY and do it his way if you want, bu this is quicker).

Take one of these:

PICT0002.jpg

and just go straight down on the plastic piece that needs to be removed. They sell this tool for $20 at harbor freight and it comes with this blade. It just oscillates - very easy to control.

4) This is what it should look like looking straight down at the center console.

PICT00031.jpg

As you can see, I didn't even worry about the shifter cabling. No need to. With my second pass, I took a bit more off. Take this much off to form a strainght line:

PICT00032.jpg
Then I squeezed the brown retainer to remove the white plastic debris piece, left the brown thing attached and put the console back. BTW, you will find that tightening the allen screw is easiest when it is in a specific gear. I think it was fifth, just experiment. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I bought the same one on ebay, same price. same vendor? I don't recall. Yes, you have to cut off the piece that you're talking about. It is not nearly the hassle that it's portrayed to be, if you do this:

1) remove shift knob and retainer.

2) pull up hard on the inside edges of the shift boot frame (the rectangular ring at base), and carefully remove it from the center console

3) unscrew the right hand side of the center console. I then literally used a small bungie cord to keep it out of my way while working. Then, here's the time saver. No need to take everythign apart or remove the shifter housing. I didn;t even undo the shifter cabling (look at Squiggy's thorough DIY and do it his way if you want, bu this is quicker).

Take one of these:

View attachment 11229

and just go straight down on the plastic piece that needs to be removed. They sell this tool for $20 at harbor freight and it comes with this blade. It just oscillates - very easy to control.

4) This is what it should look like looking straight down at the center console.

View attachment 11231

As you can see, I didn't even worry about the shifter cabling. No need to. With my second pass, I took a bit more off. Take this much off to form a strainght line:

View attachment 11232
Then I squeezed the brown retainer to remove the white plastic debris piece, left the brown thing attached and put the console back. BTW, you will find that tightening the allen screw is easiest when it is in a specific gear. I think it was fifth, just experiment. Hope this helps.
immajackuup: BTW, you're welcome.

Last edited:
Back