stilletto's '11 Subaru WRX Sedan

I thought maybe you got a comfortable DD in addition to the EVO

I thought maybe you got a comfortable DD in addition to the EVO
****. I wish I could afford that.

The Wife wants out of her little Sonic next year, and has been learning to drive in a friend's car, so I've been planting the Si seed in her head for a couple months now.

So everything's installed.

Lost that little "Rabbit-Ear" Clip for the smaller cable bushing, but ended up making everything work out by dremeling off the plastic lip and using a hitch pin.

Shifting requires a bit more force than before, but almost all of the grinding is gone.
Transmission's still notchy, but that was expected. No big deal.

The only thing I would've done differently is ordered the heavier Flossy Shift Knob.

Also.. decided I'll be going with a Tomei Turbo-Back.

It's pretty tough trying to find a pleasing exhaust note after coming from a Subaru.

Reactions: Nix
Nothing really. Trying to save some cash cause I'm about to burn my place of employment down to the ground. I'll need a bit of a nest egg.

Think the Wife's buying me an ETS Intercooler Pipe set for my birthday..

Dang man you really can't keep a car for more than a year lol. I understand you like all cars and want to buy them all, but, find one you really like and just keep it and take care of it to the grave.

Is the evo the one? Congrats on it. Beautiful cars.

nugusame.jpg

I've been slacking big time on the updates, but realistically, there aren't any updates.

Wife and I have been trying to pay down the loan on her Chevy Sonic so she can get into something a little more sporty. She wants to learn how to drive stick, loves to talk trash to all my guy friends about their cars, but I refuse to teach her in the Evo. Should have it all figured out by the springtime.

Aside from that, I had to put a chunk of cash aside for a trip out to H2Oi in Ocean City, MD. Taking my buddies Golf R that's been freshly bagged on a sweet set of three piece Rotiforms. ..don't think he's paid his rent in like three or four months. Haha.

Another close buddy of mine has been off and on about selling his Hawkeye STI, which has been taking a little toll on me, since he's my main track buddy, but he tells me if he keeps it, Stage 2 is on its way, which means I'll need some bolt ons and a tune.

That's about it for now.

The new Miata looks nice but Ill just leave this link here....

http://www.e36v8.com

$5k car with $1/2k engine/trans swap. Maybe some other bits but hey $10K annihilator on the strip/street/track.

The new Miata looks nice but Ill just leave this link here....

http://www.e36v8.com

$5k car with $1/2k engine/trans swap. Maybe some other bits but hey $10K annihilator on the strip/street/track.
The new Miata looks PHENOMENAL. Even better if they go 1.5/2.0 Turbo.

Also, I've been trying to convince another friend of mine to swap his POS E36 for the past year. Beast.

Yes turbo miata would be awesome, even if not turbo, at least 200hp to beat the pants off the FR-S/BRZ.

i would love a v8 e36. I want noise!!!! Plus if a cop rolls up and sees a BMW you could totally play it off and say some Camaro/Mustang jerk was doing donuts around you and pulling burnouts. Totally plausible. hahahah. Who would ever suspect it?

Ordering a bunch of ETS parts next week. Exhaust, test pipe, downpipe, intake, intercooler, etc. Everything's already taken apart, and my car's been sitting on stands for a couple weeks now. Starting to get impatient.

Ended up running into some friends down at SoWo last week, one being a big up at AirLift Performance, and after some discussion, looks like I'll be bagging the Evo. I'll update bit by bit as things are installed.

I'd imagine the downpipe removes the cat, or uses a high flow cat?

Back