stilletto's Garage

Decided on the Evo over the DSM, or giving them both a once over?

Going to check them both out.

The DSM is SO clean, and in a rare color, but the COP Setup looks a bit sketchy and the Owner doesn’t have any sort of supporting documentation regarding any of the modifications.

The Evo is obviously rebuilt but the Owner has every bit of paperwork backing his claims. It’s a Texas car too so no rust anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, either of those will turn out to be some sick builds so you can't really go wrong. :bananasplit:

..and now I’m broke.

dcde8a7184b3de15ce9c77946d654a89.jpg

Nice man! Congrats! You made an excellent choice! What’s the plan with the S3 now?

Nice man! Congrats! You made an excellent choice! What’s the plan with the S3 now?

Thanks! Not abandoning the S3, it’s too good of a car. The Evo isn’t too comfortable in traffic, especially with the cams and clutch. Aside from the bags I’m just going to go Stage 2. Possibly switch to Unitronic or Integrated Engineering for a less aggressive tune.

why not just get both, no question the evo is a cool car. I only crossed evo off because its eats too much gas and the parts are expensive and the car is also expensive to buy. I went for the low mileage 2013 Si in mint shape-it has excellent mpg looks nice, love the 6sp and I figured more HP with a few mods.

Last edited:
Sell it to you.

Ill take his turbo lol

Thanks! Not abandoning the S3, it’s too good of a car. The Evo isn’t too comfortable in traffic, especially with the cams and clutch. Aside from the bags I’m just going to go Stage 2. Possibly switch to Unitronic or Integrated Engineering for a less aggressive tune.

Nice man I can’t wait to see what you do with both! I’d say go Unitronic its a real smooth tune, I’m guessing it should be as smooth as mine just more hp/tq on the S3.

Suspension going in the first week of March.

Once I’m back in the S3 I’ll be able to dig into the Evo. Going to start putting money aside for paint and bodywork. Trying to find good work for roughly five grand.

Suspension going in the first week of March.

Once I’m back in the S3 I’ll be able to dig into the Evo. Going to start putting money aside for paint and bodywork. Trying to find good work for roughly five grand.

YBGuu4st9_gctmcVQX3PZ0zofX9fe_e-9K0DQ7JZ7DxlNBqmIAT2mBZlL70jowiJztgpmGzjH3PxDHuyKD5QLW-5

That’s reasonable for paint and bodywork, right?
I absolutely know nothing when it comes to that stuff. One of my friends spent ~$3500 to have his S2K resprayed and said it wasn’t that great. Not looking for a show quality job but definitely nothing like Maaco or something.

Going to start putting money aside for paint and bodywork. Trying to find good work for roughly five grand.
Depends on what kind of bodywork you need. Replacing a rear quarter and blending in new paint? $5K is pretty expensive.
Stripping and reshooting the entire car, while fixing any rust and dents along the way? Double your $5K budget.
In my experience, expensive body work is usually worth it; cheap bodywork is not.

Back