stilletto's Downgrade (CZ4A>FB6)

stilletto

Chicago, IL
Vehicle Model
Volkswagen Golf GTI
Yeahs.. it happened. Spent the morning bank hopping and am now the proud owner of a '13 TW FB6. I'm looking forward to the questions and comments as to why I sold my Evolution, so I'll omit the details for now.
50d4e7d522c82196f46ec48bba4fc8ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

So I don't know if I should ask, but why?
Few of my friends have sti' sand Evo's and to be honest for a daily I'd rather have my SI.

Congrats. Welcome back.

Reactions: Nix
Welcome back indeed. Although you really never left. Do I see new wheels already on the shelf in the back?

So I don't know if I should ask, but why?..
Truth. I hit a wall with my Evolution. Was at a point where I've done everything besides an EFR Turbo Kit and Built Motor. There goes ~$15k.

I'm now saving three hundred a month between the car payment and insurance. That's a lot considering I drive my own vehicle once or twice a month. I also made a few grand off the swap. Seemed like a no brainer.

I've always missed my FA5, and even though this is no 8th Gen, the FB6 answered the call.

Here's a debatable reason. The Subaru WRX STI and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution are NOT meant to be daily drivers or drag cars. Anyone who buys one to daily is lying to them self. I never once used my car to its full potential.

Truth. I hit a wall with my Evolution. Was at a point where I've done everything besides an EFR Turbo Kit and Built Motor. There goes ~$15k.

I'm now saving three hundred a month between the car payment and insurance. That's a lot considering I drive my own vehicle once or twice a month. I also made a few grand off the swap. Seemed like a no brainer.

I've always missed my FA5, and even though this is no 8th Gen, the FB6 answered the call.

Here's a debatable reason. The Subaru WRX STI and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution are NOT meant to be daily drivers or drag cars. Anyone who buys one to daily is lying to them self. I never once used my car to its full potential.

I feel ya man. dont get me wrong. STI/Evo's are a blast to drive. Just seem like a money pit.

With that said all my saved money somehow always turns into car parts.

Good luck with the build!

So I've got some cash burning a hole in my pocket. I said from the beginning I'd be boosting this car, just haven't decided on which kit. The unruly side of me is reaching for PRL, but the more refined side is leaning towards CT-e. In theory, Kraftwerks should be the winner, but I can't open a new browser without reading horror stories. I've got brand new FIC1100's at home, and ProCivic sells the "Stage 2 Plus" CT-e for $3500 without fueling. Less than CT-e's site, oddly enough. Chime in everyone.

Yeahs. I ran @323 when my Evo was stock. It's somewhere on YouTube. It barely edged me out once we hit triple digits. I'm hoping the smaller pulley and an aftercooler bumps the numbers a bit.

The kit is rated 65-70hp gains over stock. Stock is around 175 to the wheels depending on the dyno/car. Panda was at like 350 to the wheels.

@323 is running it. @Sleepingpanda had it with stage 2 and ran e85. I haven't seen any horror stories with CT.

View: https://youtu.be/NLmL580Im20

2 years running it and no issues and no complaints. Just lots of fun
Yeahs. I ran @323 when my Evo was stock. It's somewhere on YouTube. It barely edged me out once we hit triple digits. I'm hoping the smaller pulley and an aftercooler bumps the numbers a bit.

I'd encourage the CTe route simply for the fact that it's more reliable and you can build on it to make now power. From what I've heard, the Kraftwerks kit is just bolt on and done, there's more power initially but not much you can do with it.

Sorry to hear about your evo, certainly sucks but I think it was just the motivation you needed to get back into a civic.

Sorry to hear about your evo, certainly sucks but I think it was just the motivation you needed to get back into a civic.
No sorry needed. Wasn't something I was forced to do, just wanted to switch things up a bit. I'm surprised I kept it as long as I did. You ever install the aftercooler? I've seen a few Chicago 9ths swap their CT-e's for KW's recently. Wonder what the deal is.

No sorry needed. Wasn't something I was forced to do, just wanted to switch things up a bit. I'm surprised I kept it as long as I did. You ever install the aftercooler? I've seen a few Chicago 9ths swap their CT-e's for KW's recently. Wonder what the deal is.

No never installed it, actually sold it a while back. I'm happy with the power for now, planning to do the aftercooler when my car is paid off. I know a lot of the guys with Si's around here and I bet they're just wanting quick/easy power with the KW kit

No never installed it, actually sold it a while back. I'm happy with the power for now, planning to do the aftercooler when my car is paid off. I know a lot of the guys with Si's around here and I bet they're just wanting quick/easy power with the KW kit
Dunno if you know Rash, but I ran a few questions past him. Caught him on I-94 before I sold my car and would've ran him but he said he was having issues with the belt.

Dunno if you know Rash, but I ran a few questions past him. Caught him on I-94 before I sold my car and would've ran him but he said he was having issues with the belt.

Yea I know him, did he switch kits? It seems he was pretty happy with the CTe. I had issues with the belt at first too, but nothing too serious.

Back