Stock 9th Gen Si eDyno?

JAYBLS

VitViper would you mind posting up an eDyno chart of a completely stock 2012/13 Civic Si? I think it'd be really useful for everyone to see what a stock Si is eDynoing so we can get a good comparison to all these RBC swapped cars that never got the car eDyno'd before the mods and tune. It seems that 22Xwhp is about normal for RBC IM, ZDX TB, 3" DP and exhaust and some sort of intake, so I'd just like to see, as I'm sure everyone else on here would, how much more than a stock Si eDyno that is.

Otherwise, if this already exists and my Google searching skills are not as good as yours, please point me in the right direction.

Here are some findings I have come across while disputing some erroneous, totally unsubstantiated claims made on the other forum regarding the accuracy of the eDyno.

Here is a dyno sheet made on Church Automotive's Dynapack.
image-1.jpg

The performance modifications include: RV6 2.5" DP, ported stock IM runners, some sort of custom exhaust, and an Injen CAI. According to Chruch Automotive's website, the (or their) Dynapack loses about 20-25 horsepower between the flywheel and the hubs on a manual transmission-equipped FWD car. So, with this car reading 219 horsepower at the hubs, we can assume it has anywhere between 239 and 244 flywheel horsepower. Assuming there is about a 12-14% drivetrain loss, that'd be anywhere between 205 and 215whp. With those mods i.e. the restrictive (when compared to the Ultimate Racing 3" unit) RV6 DP, stock IM and throttle body, and that intake, that would make perfect sense in relation to an eDyno of a comparably modified 9th gen Si.

Here is a dyno sheet made on VitViper's Dyno Dynamics dynamometer.

image-2.jpg

Performance modifications include: Ultimate Racing 3" catted DP, Ultimate Racing 3" exhaust, RBC IM, and 8th gen AEM CAI. This particular dyno pull was done with E85. This car reportedly made 218whp on 92 octane. Once again, with that restrictive stock throttle body and a high-flow cat (probably loses about 3whp or so), this is right on par with comparably equipped 9th gens which have been eDyno'd.

Here is my eDyno.

4ED1CB79-EE33-4152-B8E8-5C138971A81C-383-0000002F15419B40.jpg

My performance modifications include: RBC IM with TB inlet ported to 70mm, ZDX TB, Ultimate Racing 3" catless DP, Ultimate Racing 3" exhaust, and Greddy/AFE intake. Is it totally crazy to believe that I could have made 8whp more than someone with a stock TB and a high-flow cat? I think it seems pretty accurate when comparing to the Dyno Dynamics readout above me, considering the comparison between modifications.

The point of this post, and this thread as well, is to serve as an investigation into the accuracy of the eDyno. From everything I've seen so far, it appears that the eDyno is incredibly accurate; I have not come across anything to the contrary but ignorant claims and unfounded speculation.

Last edited:
Pretty proud of myself. I just proved, even more than I already had, that the eDyno is indeed accurate, over on the other forum. Go me.

Pretty proud of myself. I just proved, even more than I already had, that the eDyno is indeed accurate, over on the other forum. Go me.
edyno tune is accurate because vit is using his updated version for our cars.. The one that is to the public isn't accurate due to it being for 8th gen...

Last edited:
man you guys having me spending money on a car that's not even hit 300 miles yet! I just picked up a 8th gen IM for $100.

I haven't had anyone request I run an eDyno of a 100% bone stock one yet. I suspect it'll be about 180 tho.

I was a Honda tech for 4-5 years while in college, still have a connection to our parts guys who know where to find used parts cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
You didnt prove anything. Its all out there on the other site that edyno #'s are inflated and aren't even close to accurate. They are crank HP at best. Try again

You didnt prove anything. Its all out there on the other site that edyno #'s are inflated and aren't even close to accurate. They are crank HP at best. Try again
Wrong. You try again.

Edit* I just had to look at the other site to see what you were talking about and you obviously are taking a side which only looks at part of the available information. There are plenty of examples showing the accuracy of eDyno compared to chassis dynos. Yes, it is possible to fudge the numbers on an eDyno. However, it is also possible to do the same on a chassis dyno. Crank HP at best, you say? A good tune with a completely stock car could get you 15-20 CHP. You think opening up the entire intake and exhaust system and removing the cat would only have a gain of 25-30 crank horsepower? Come on, how long have you been into cars? Not a very strong or well-researched first post there, sport.

Last edited:

eDynos are wheel hp. It is easy to fudge numbers on ANY dyno, if you don't know how it's done -- lucky you, lol.

Typical results for 9th gens on eDyno are (w/ FPro tune):

Intake only: ~190
Intake & downpipe: ~200
Intake & downpipe & RBC: 205-210
Full bolt ons w/ RBC (exhaust): 215-220

The reason you see "inflated" numbers are runs done on slight downhill roads, or runs done in cooler weather (you know how the car feels better at 50* than it does at 90*? well that's cause it really is making that much more power) with no SAE correction on the eDyno.

I had one customer that sent me weather information religiously for his 3rd gear WOTs and always did the WOTs on the same road -- his numbers from day to day were with in 1% -- always around 212-215. That's pretty damn accurate and consistent.

Like any dyno -- it's a TOOL. Use it properly and it will serve you well, abuse it and you can do w/e you want with it.

Last edited:
eDynos are wheel hp. It is easy to fudge numbers on ANY dyno, if you don't know how it's done -- lucky you, lol.

Typical results for 9th gens on eDyno are (w/ FPro tune):

Intake only: ~190
Intake & downpipe: ~200
Intake & downpipe & RBC: 205-210
Full bolt ons w/ RBC (exhaust): 215-220

The reason you see "inflated" numbers are runs done on slight downhill roads, or runs done in cooler weather (you know how the car feels better at 50* than it does at 90*? well that's cause it really is making that much more power) with no SAE correction on the eDyno.

I had one customer that sent me weather information religiously for his 3rd gear WOTs and always did the WOTs on the same road -- his numbers from day to day were with in 1% -- always around 212-215. That's pretty damn accurate and consistent.

Like any dyno -- it's a TOOL. Use it properly and it will serve you well, abuse it and you can do w/e you want with it.

Perfectly said my friend! And this why your best at what you do.

I know its a tad old of a thread but I found this. This is a baseline dyno sweep test of a brand new factory 2012 Honda Civic Si, at 11 miles on the odometer. This is a testbed in partnership with American Honda and Bisimoto Engineering. On the dynapack dynamometer, this 9th generation civic made 171whp and 157ft/lbs of torque on the new K24Z7 powerplant. Impressive indeed.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUxzK8PLHtY

Whats power and torque is expected (at the wheels) in Miami's unbearably hot weather? it was in the upper 80s this morning and will most likely get to the 90s in the afternoon. i only have a K&N SRI and coolant bypass (which probably hurts more than helps). i see all of these figures done at 50* i wish i had that weather to play with.

I guess I'll ask it here because i cant figure it out on any other thread that its mentioned, but what is RBC or what does it stand for?

Back