Stock IM vs RBC IM

It was a fun car, that's for sure. My needs changed and since that dyno, i've got the ported RBC route. Fully tuned the car generated 235 whp/194 tq with the lowest pull of the day. The mod addiction is never ending...
Yeah im thinking about going the RBC route aswell. Do you have the PRL cai or short ram adapter kit? If not what intake

from what ive read and experienced first hand the more you add on to the car the more you can see the rbc's effect. looking at this chart at the top of this post it seems that the stock im did better but with those numbers it appears not much was done to the car. ive seen other charts with boosted 9th gens with rbc and with stock im and the rbc makes significantly more top end power which to me is where this car and other hondas shine. my 9th gen (with rbc, hybrid racing intake, stock tb, 410cc injectors, dw 65c fuel pump, skunk 2 headers, invidia n1 catback) made 222hp and 179tq to the wheel on the dyno. so even with a very free flowing exhaust i didnt drop torque like that graph shows in this thread. so i guess it depends on your set up to really utilize the rbc. but as it appears here if youre not going to do much to the car, the rbc isnt worth.

Looks like a boosted car needs a rbc but stock is better for most because of the low rpms being used most of the time. You want the power where you are driving it the most, not at only 5500rpm and up. I crossed rbc totally off my list, instead went for 3.5 CAi and 3" full exhaust. From what I have seen to get more you need a turbo or super charger, but that kind of ruins the car because it revs so well. After My srt-4 experience, a turbo runs very hot and req oil changes much more often and it also burns up tires fast, just eats up dough. Perhaps some special tuning of the stock setup.

Back