Stock IM vs RBC IM

I just want my throttle to snap like it did in my ap1 !

it wont ever, seeing as your AP1 has a throttle cable and our 9ths are drive by wire

so after reading the first page, i should forget about the RBC manifold? just go straight for the ZDX throttle body and rick'd spec intake?

it wont ever, seeing as your AP1 has a throttle cable and our 9ths are drive by wire

so after reading the first page, i should forget about the RBC manifold? just go straight for the ZDX throttle body and rick'd spec intake?
Depends, if you like your mid range power curve and torque then yes go that way. That's the way I'm going !!

In A Drag Race I Suppose, Road Course Is A Totally Different Animal ! Guess It Really Comes Down To User Preferences.

Keep in mind the rbc gains in the top end are minimal for our k24. The high end gains the rbc achieves is at a rpm our motor cant even reach.

Didn't I see rbc swap dyno/edyno's with significant hp gains? It was all the rage last year. Wait, it was probably all the other mods, not the rbc.

so like i said before, wouldnt you see better gains with a J37 throttle body, cause essentially your just bottle necking at your TB which would in turn **** with your mid range

so like i said before, wouldnt you see better gains with a J37 throttle body, cause essentially your just bottle necking at your TB which would in turn **** with your mid range
RBC swap ($525) + catted dp ($425) + cat back ($400) + j37 package $337 = $1687. That's without flashpro ($650) and a tune ($150). So, yeah, why wouldn't you just skip the RBC. Then you're only spending $1,562 plus tax, shipping, etc., for the dp, cb, tb, fp and tune. All that for zero . . . zed guaranteed hp gains, plus the hype. See how this game is played? I guess I fall in skeptic camp now, don't I?

Oh, you're going to need a 3.5 in cai, with battery relocate. . . + $350. nice.

false, the OEM plastic manifold CAN be ported to match the J series TB, so there will be no bottle neck.

Oh, you're going to need a 3.5 in cai, with battery relocate. . . + $350. nice.

money really isnt an issue, im going to be getting the Rick'd spec intake, i already have a full UR 3" catless downpipe with UR 3" single muffler exhaust, im essentially half way there, as well as i have found a PRC manifold (K20 type R) for a steal, going to buy the TB and CAI this week, still debating on the manifold swap all together, but its not like its hard to resort back to OEM if i have too

didnt know that about the plastic manifold, will deff keep that in mind

George over at maxbore is able to bore the stock throttle body to 68mm and port match the stock plastic intake manifold, plus make you a new gasket to fit for $200 shipped. If you're on on a budget, it's not a bad idea to look into. The only reason I paid $315 is because he's porting my intake runners (fuel injector base), matching my thermal gaskets from P2R and reworking my P2R TBS to match. Basically half the price of even the basic RBC Swap (no injectors, J37, etc). I already have a Rick Spec'd 3.5 intake so it should be a wonderful compliment to the entire intake setup. The throttle body at 68mm (if I'm not mistaken), will almost mirror that of the popular J35 Throttle Body that many 8thgen users raved about. I believe there was a dyno somewhere that showed 4-5 whp gains across the rev range just by adding it to their setup.

Reactions: Nix
I would be curious to get some input on this whole debate from @axion_industries since they are running an RBC.

Here is their Dyno:

Dyno91oct_zps54865ff7.png

Back