Stock IM vs RBC IM

Feel free pm me any questions you have. I might be able to lend a hand considering I've tried just about everything out there. dowpipe, exhaust, art intake (now to a 3.5" Rick Spec'd Intake), pullies, maxbore tb, maxbore ported runners, thermal gaskets throughout, ported oem manifold, flashpro, etc. I've only had this car for 8-10 months so as you can see....it's addicting.

Would the rbc be better then the stock IM for turbo or would it be better to go another route?

My end goal is turbo, but next season I'll be auto crossing with an RBC. We'll see how it plays out, I may be wasting my time but seat time is important for my first season

Hopefully i'll have some e-dyno figures here soon to give the community an idea how a fully bolted OEM manifold equipped car can do at sea level. My apologies for the delay, but I was swapping out a few parts (maxbore 68mm for ZDX TB, Rick Spec'd 3.5" Street Series Intake for Intensity Intake, etc). I'm hoping it'll be something comparable or reletively close to an RBC equipped car, with the added midrange. Here's the most recent list of mods on the car:

2.5" RV6 Catless Downpipe
Tsudo Catback Exhaust 2.75"
ZDX Throttle Body
3.5" Rick Spec'd Intensity Intake
P2R Intake Manifold Gasket
Ported Lower Intake Runners
Port Matched OEM Manifold
NST Underdrive Pullies (waiting to be delivered)
Hondata Flashpro tuned by Vit

I may swap out the RV6 dp for a full-race unit before I retune, but we'll see.

OMG I'm glad you guys posted this information I was about to buys this IM now Im glad I didn't

Hopefully i'll have some e-dyno figures here soon to give the community an idea how a fully bolted OEM manifold equipped car can do at sea level. My apologies for the delay, but I was swapping out a few parts (maxbore 68mm for ZDX TB, Rick Spec'd 3.5" Street Series Intake for Intensity Intake, etc). I'm hoping it'll be something comparable or reletively close to an RBC equipped car, with the added midrange. Here's the most recent list of mods on the car:

ZDX Throttle Body

Hey stealth. So can you have oem throttle body and oem intake manifold port matched by maxbore? I am seriously considering flashpro next month and I was thinking if those two parts can be bored and still 'look' stock and a thinner head gasket for small, quick, stealthy and cheap improvements complimented by a vittune would be nice for us speed demon commuters. If all three can be done, you think these would fly under radar if possible warranty repair was ever needed?

Never mind. Dumb question. Started digging around and the new gaskets would give it away.

But has anybody installed a thinner head gasket for better compression? Never see that mentioned in 8th and 9th cicvic forums.

Haven't looked. Would t know where to look but I'm sure it's out there since civic is popular enough to race.

Hey stealth. So can you have oem throttle body and oem intake manifold port matched by maxbore? I am seriously considering flashpro next month and I was thinking if those two parts can be bored and still 'look' stock and a thinner head gasket for small, quick, stealthy and cheap improvements complimented by a vittune would be nice for us speed demon commuters. If all three can be done, you think these would fly under radar if possible warranty repair was ever needed?
It worked for me. George (Maxbore) does excellent work and can take the OEM throttle body up to 68mm if I remember correctly. Send him the oem manifold (and P2R TBS if you have one) and he'll port them to match for smooth airflow. Looks completely stock...

W

ZDX Throttle Body

what part of FL? Im in the broward area. And did you ever get those edyno numbers?

Back