Stock -> s2k HID -> Corolla LED -> TLX LEDs

So these were supposed to be installed 2 weeks ago now.
And I have run into nothing but issues.
I am no on revision 3 for the back housing for the passenger side.
The ABS controller is being a bigger pain than I thought it would be.

Also my fancy control module doesn't work exactly as planned.
Honda uses a PWM signal to drive the DRL voltage, which is causing
my control unit to flip out. I think adding a capacitor inline will fix it.
But that requires more math than I feel like putting in on a Sunday.
With that said there are no DRL photos, or ones of the passenger side.
But low and high beams on the driver side work perfectly and fit exactly as planned.

And yes those are ILX LED fog lights, didn't plug them in for these test photos. D'Oh.

IMG_6860 (2).JPG
Low Beams

IMG_6863 (2).JPG
High Beams

IMG_6861 (2).JPG
Alt view 1 - Low Beams

IMG_6864 (2).JPG
Alt view 1 - High Beams

IMG_6866 (2).JPG
Alt view 2 - High Beams

Finally got them installed after fighting the ABS controller on the passenger side.
Also had to revise my supplemental controller. It needed a low-pass filter to cancel
out the PWM signal that Honda uses to drive the DRLs. And a dual channel compactor
to run the 12v from the battery as a "keyed" 12v.

DRL voltage trips relay 1 to turn on the DRL, when the voltage goes up for the high beams
relay 2 trips and switches the high beam circuit on. Wiring diagram coming soon.

LOW-PASS Filter
low_pass_filter.jpg

Revised supplemental controller
slc_mark_II.jpg

DRLs
DRL.jpg

Low Beams w/ ILX Fogs
low_beams_fogs.jpg

High Beams
high_beams.jpg

high_beam_2.jpg

More photos to come after I get the car washed and find a good location.

Amazing work.....

Tell me more about the ILX LEDs please!

Edit: looks like the housing would just screw in place like the stock fogs. Then just have to figure out the wiring and prob fork out an arm and a leg for the fogs.

Last edited:
@Nomar06 - You are correct on both fronts. It was an arm and a leg for them, but I bought them before the price went up even more.
However I did mistakenly buy the entire kit, so I got all the harnesses and the such. Not sure if you can buy just the housings.
And they do bolt right up, however adjusting them is a pain. Also there is a good deal of trimming to the rear of the fog housing.
But they do fit, and I like them more than the Morimoto ones that I had prior to this.

@webby - Thanks!!

hey, curious if youve had a chance to update the parts list and wire diagrams for the lighting controller yet

@ethlar - Yeah been meaning to get to that. Have been fighting some moisture in the one, and getting the other leveled. I'll see what I can get done this week, and post it up. Have some night shots coming too.

@BeeCee - Thanks

@webby - The silica packs are in there now, were in there the last 2x too. But the first time there were several small holes in the back housing I made, actually soaked the packets. That was an issue in itself. This last time I have no idea where the moisture was coming from so I went nuts with sealant on all the seams and seals, and hopefully got it. I'll find out tomorrow or Wednesday with the rain coming here in the northeast. The first one was embarrassing that I missed it, so much moisture in there.

@Nomar06 - You are correct on both fronts. It was an arm and a leg for them, but I bought them before the price went up even more.
However I did mistakenly buy the entire kit, so I got all the harnesses and the such. Not sure if you can buy just the housings.
And they do bolt right up, however adjusting them is a pain. Also there is a good deal of trimming to the rear of the fog housing.
But they do fit, and I like them more than the Morimoto ones that I had prior to this.

@webby - Thanks!!
What did you do with your more too ones? I have seen a sale post on HIDplanet for $100 shipped. Think they are worth it? I currently have fusion fog retro with 5k bulb/hid kit. I am running into moisture issues and still need to create a system to adjust the height as they are pointing a bit high. The bulb on the pass side is hitting the washer fluid bottle which causes output issues since the bulb isn't sitting perfectly on the projector.

Just trying to put something in there that I don't have to worry about and won't cost a ton.

Oh...do you think our stock headlight have enough room to fit the new ILX led array with the lower drl and upper turn signal?

hey just wondering if you had a chance to make the updated the controller diagram yet?

Back