Stock Shift Knob weight

Yea a shorter height weighted knob will feel similar to a light weight knob on an extended shaft. I'm surprised at how much a knob will affect shifting and shift feel, actually went back to stock from several attempts at making my own. Each one had a unique twist on shift feel. Stock one has been the smoothest feeling honestly but I have not tried heavier than stock weight yet. I'll throw mine on the scale later if no one else has a weight for it.

Well here it is on my errrrhmmmm.... scale..
20150918_022715_zpst8nu0zwx.jpg

Safe assumption is 130-140 grams and most "good" aftermarket's are around 450g or 1lb.

I put a light weight knob back on with a new MT fluid change at 10k and feels awesome. Thinking every 5k MT fluid change. YEA!

Thanks for that picture. I also was curious of how much the shift knock weights. I think if it was weighted more it would be nice.

Sorry to drag this thread from the dead...

BUT...did the OP ever get the Imperial cue ball knob? I wanna see pix, and know how it feels!

To add to this dead thread...Bought an ebay 1lb knob and boot for 20$. Solid black and looks good but really has made the feeling of shifting much more natural. Not better or worse, just right! :gah:

Back