Stop Tech slotted rotors & pads

Schwarz Zwei Tür

Just had these installed today and could not be happier!!! They bite down with so much more force, yet are smooth as silk! Zero sound. I feel so much more confident and safer now with this kit on the car. It was a complete package, all four rotors and all pads and hardware, $390 shipped. I highly recommend these if you're looking to upgrade from stock, but dont want to go all the way to a BBK. Id rate them 10 out of 10, relative to what I expected out of them and how they are supposed to perform for where they are on the upgrade spectrum. Ill get some pics of them tomorrow on the car during daylight hours.

18766076_10209516444536559_119210567498918953_n.jpg

Stock photo

st126-45078SR_main.jpg

BE WARNED: Slotted rotors may help you stop better but they will eat through pads, if daily driven. That's why only weekend track toys and supercars are equipped with them.

I think slotted rotors are a nice balance of performance and looks over the usual cheap drilled rotors people love to run.

I say nice job on the slotted rotors.

@Shong1up is correct on them wearing pads quicker than blanks. Just keep an eye on your pads. I ran a set of slotted rotors for a while. Seemed to work just fine and I didn't notice any terribly quick wear. Good to have the whole story though.

Put this on my car for the intent of using the car a little more fun weekends. Anything over OEM performance is going to have increased wear and brake dust. Depends on what you're doing with it and if you want to change brakes every 20,000-30,000 miles rather than 70,000 miles as I got out of the OEM rotors/pads.

Went with the whole setup which included the slotted rotors, sport pads, and stainless brake lines from @procivic (https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2012/civic/stoptech-sport-brake-kit.html?ctid=2420). Did the work myself over the last couple of weeks and am really pleased with the results. Everything fit up beautifully with the exception of the slides for the brake pads. Those were too narrow and when placed onto the caliper, they rubbed on the rotor. So, I cleaned and reused the old hardware and the new hardware ended up getting thrown away. That's a problem with the StopTech hardware, not the overall kit ordered as everything else was spot on. Rear brake hardware was perfect.

Bedding process kinda sucks, but StopTech gives you several alternatives to do the procedure. The 60-10 stops are rough and tough to find a place that is safe to do that unless you can find a nice low traveled country road.

Pics can come later.

I can second that the stop tech hardware isn't the best fitting. I had to reuse my oem hardware because the stop tech hardware was to narrow on all 4 corners and was contacting the rotors. Bedding process wasnt to bad for me. I found an side road no one uses and did the procedure. After about the third hot 60-10 stop they really started grabbing.

Back