Subs hitting when starting car

CNelms

Hello,

Recently had some subs and amp hooked up for my factory navi via line out converter. Every time I start the car the subs hit for about a second. I have turned off audio and turned subs off on the deck but it continues to do it. It only happens when I start no random hits so I don't believe it is the converter but I may be wrong. It wouldn't be a big deal but the subs are no joke and I am up way before anyone else in the house

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Where are you taking the line out signal from? My guess is that whatever was used to send signal to the subs, receives some sort of voltage when the car starts, which is causing the issue

I did not install it but my guess would be the factory sub. I just noticed this morning so I have not been able to look yet

3 things I would check:
Location of LOC (line out converter)
LOC's feed
Amplifiers signal (remote wire) feed

If you get to take some pics of any of the setup that would be helpful too.

-Side note since you had the install done 3rd party, maybe give them a shout to see if they would know what they did, causing it.-

talked to the guy. he says that it is happening when going from acc. to ignition. The wires are still feeding the amp causing it to go nuts. To test this i started the car by going from completely off to start quickly, the issue didn't occur. He is going to add a relay in near the amp to stop this from happening

Update: This was caused by the subs getting power before the stock navi turned on causing them to freak out. He had to put a relay in to delay the subs from turning on so quickly

Back