Subwoofer options?

JohnEnglish

I'm looking to upgrade the system in my 2012 EX coupe. I'd like to put in a head unit with wireless CarPlay, and amp, and upgrade all the speakers. Nothing crazy, just looking for some better sound quality.

I was wondering what other people have done for the subwoofer. I don't want a box in my trunk as I use it to carry lots of stuff around so I need the space. I was thinking of just replacing the rear parcel shelf subwoofer with a new one.

What about those subs that fit into the spare tire?

wont make much of a difference unless you amp it. even then from what ive read its not good. i run a 10 inch sub and box in the trunk with stock speakers and im more than happy with the sound.

Do you have feelings about putting a sub into the corner? A member did it at the link below -

I do know if you try to put it into the stock location a lot of aftermarket subs hit the trunk spring with larger magnets.

wont make much of a difference unless you amp it. even then from what ive read its not good. i run a 10 inch sub and box in the trunk with stock speakers and im more than happy with the sound.
Yes, I'm planning on adding an amp.

Do you have feelings about putting a sub into the corner? A member did it at the link below -

I do know if you try to put it into the stock location a lot of aftermarket subs hit the trunk spring with larger magnets.
I was looking at that thread earlier. I looked around but couldn't find anyone (currently) selling sub boxes for the 9th gen civic. I wonder if any local car audio shops have them in stock

like webby said though, most subs will be too tall for that area. and then the ones that are low profile wont put out much more bass at all.

Yes, I'm planning on adding an amp.

I was looking at that thread earlier. I looked around but couldn't find anyone (currently) selling sub boxes for the 9th gen civic. I wonder if any local car audio shops have them in stock
if you're okay with it in the corner like that, jl stealthbox is a thing - the last pic in his post shows it on the side

if you're okay with it in the corner like that, jl stealthbox is a thing - the last pic in his post shows it on the side
That's nice but it looks like it was discontinued several years ago. I only see Sealthboxes for the CRV, Element, and S2000 now.

I forgot you said "coupe", which makes it even harder. Here is one that works with the coupe, but may not be your style

This is the problem with using the rear deck lid - the springs sit right below the sub spot meaning you need a really low profile sub/magnet to get the clearance needed.
1704320479462.jpeg

Hmm, yeah, that's not bad. At least it's just across the back. I think I'm going to contact some local car audio places. I'm sure most of them have done custom boxes for 9th gen Civics before so they may have the files for building one readily available.

Back