Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

Did you figure out the chain tool situation?
I have the chain rebits flared on the 520 racing chain with light weight spockets. strongest 520 chain in the world. clip on links are unsafe. If the flares failed I would be in big trouble. The flare rebit is extremely strong. My old one stretched out after 10,000 or less. I just have to put everything else back on, I will have it finished this week. I have old gas in the tank, it will run like **** till I burn it up. Nice to have a new chain on. It has fresh Mobil 1 10-40 racing oil in it with a over sized Napa platinum filter charcoal canister was removed to the closet allows me to run a bigger oil filter plus its a piece of junk. carbon 2 bos muffler is very noisy sounds like a race car going down the road, its v4 is a detuned racing engine that's last a very long time. 1/4 mile is 130+ in 10.8 secs.
vfr 800 2006 the fastest one ever made, there is a turbo kit $5000 that works very well in these bike but heck I am not going that fast any way, but I all ways hit 100mph on back roads every time I ride it, maybe not this year the roads are very poor even for a motorcycle that can dodge most of them.:woot:

Attachments

• P1011402.JPG
    P1011402.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Looks like he blow up the engine and had to pull off the race course may I add not a street car, so doesn't count. :turbobananapoke: Still no street car hitting 12750rpm this is a v4 engine LOL. My Yamaha could hit 14500rpm, the new ones are around 15500rpm, but these are in line 4cyl.

Last edited:
not sure what I meant there. A few Italian v4 engine motorcycle's do have higher rpm's but they are very expensive and hard to repair. The new vfr 800's are slower then mine by quite a bit. I may have to get a new helmet as mine is old and I may need new tires too and a fork oil change, but I may not ride that much this year due to the Honda SI being so easy to drive and its stock suspension is great for bad roads.:iough:

I got all the old brake fluid out of the front and rear and the Hidro clutch too, the bike is 13 years old and so was some of that old nasty fluid. I loosen the chain up a little had it too tight. All I got to do is get the panel back on which isn't easy some of the fasters are not in great shape. Used at 205 reseal on rubber parts-this keeps them form wearing out.:paper:

checking for a new Honda vfr 800 oem mirror right side, I have a after market one that I can't seem to tighten up in position, so I am looking at a new assemble mirror oem this time. OEM parts are just better.:dopey::joke:

Grumpy cat died too bad she was only 7 years old must have been mis treated by people and lousy vets. Cats don't like that much of attention.:rantsmiley: :tiny violin:

recall and extended war on Honda's with 1.5 turbo-oil in gas a phony software fix that doesn't work is offered as a repair which cost them next to nothing. I have the 2.4 k engine with the defective vtc actuator problem- this winter when it very noisy I am going to have it fixed and bug Honda to fix it for free-this should have been a recall as the problem started in 2008 or early er and they didn't fix the problem till 2016 with a new part. At least this recall will help me when I go to Honda. They new for years this was a problem and keep putting cars out with defective parts.:paper:

:hyper:I think the Honda si ate another battery-the charger just stays on red and doesn't go to green. I will have to get it tested.
VFR 800 has its panel on, but I found three more places to bleed the brakes-the abs is very fancy. I need to adj the chain-looks a bit too loose and its ready to go next week!:turbospin:None here has more vtec revs then Mee 11750-RPM LOL!:turbopokesmiley:Dam interior lights were on again- that's why the charger keep going at least I hope that was why the battery was charging all the way up, you need a tickle charger for sure to keep your battery going -its on the small side. Bought a replacement mirror for the vfr 800-it just keeps moving around, bad mount.

Attachments

• P1011406.JPG
    P1011406.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • P1011405.JPG
    P1011405.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Battery check out at napa -perfect condition-it looks like my battery charger is defective, second time this happened. I trickle charge all my battery's by rotating the charger, they seem to wear out over time, made in china for sure. So the Honda si is charging everything perfect, but I do have the VTC actuator noise. I am going to the Honda dealer to check out this problem. When Honda dealer confirms what I already know Honda keep putting defective VTC actuators knowing they would fail back to at least 2008 that five years or more and so far have refused to issue a recall however I know they are offering at 50% to repair the VTC actuator that fixed the problem in 2016. A service bulletin is out on this issue and if not repaired can damage the timing chain and engine.:box: 3884 views someone must be reading this LOL!

Reading it. I too have the problem with the VTC actuator. Also previously had a problem with the charging system on my car. Had the software updated. The car wasn't putting enough charge to keep the battery up during driving conditions. There was a TSB on that dating back to 2012 but really only for the early round of 2012 Si's with VIN before 3500 if memory serves.

I think these cars may have a slight power drain on the battery when sitting for a while, but so far the car has checked out ok as far a charging the battery. I would get a battery tender made in china for about $30 they last about a year or so and keep all my battery's working. And up here in Maine its very easy to kill battery's in the cold weather. The major problem is this VTC actuator and minor is the rev hang which I can fix with hondata tuner I hope. Honda has lost a lot of its reliability due to quality control problems. I did check before I bought the car if any recalls were on the 2013 and there are none, but now I know there should have been at least two. the 2012 si had much worse problems -Oil burner that is extremely bad-Honda tried to cover up that too. Rev hang and very bad the VTC actuator that will slowly destroy the timing chain and tensioner among other problem. Honda where is the software update to fix rev hang?:worms: I wonder if any metal shaving are in the oil now-I installed a magnetic drain plug on the my first oil change. Other than work with some suspension tuning and rev hang tuning. Going to leave the car stock because I don't trust the engine right now. I am going to call the Honda dealer and see what they have to say? Recent Honda's are full of serious problems not being fix the 1.5 turbo is junk in cold weather-gas going into the engine-Honda's fix software will not fix a mechanical problem-its a phony fix. CRV's have computer nightmares that too is being washed over by Honda. My VFR 2006 800 has had zero problems other than me falling over-its very top heavy but its more reliable then my car LOL.:brock: TSB was issued on certain 2.4 engine's on the crv's. Why no TSB on Honda si 2.4 engine -same problem? Code word secret warranties-Honda Good Will.

Last edited:
"rev hang" is used as emissions control. They aren't going to change it

Back