Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by bootyluvr, Mar 22, 2019.

1. sunofwolf

sunofwolf Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    honda SI 2013 35% tinted Hondata coupe 136+mph! SRT-4 180+! VFR-800-11750 rpm 10.9 1/4 130+! Neon 2001!
    Body Style:
    coupe
    :bananapop:
    You are correct here- can't beat OEM honda or Zerox Asian blue is the only thing to use. I check honda OEM price at dealer-the tranny oil was not over priced. In fact I will stop at a honda dealer tomorrow-if the OEM Honda stuff isn't too much!
    Dam on this work for nothing. But Zerox G-5 is good for Dodges-Neon's not Honda's.:lildevil: Look like honda has two products here that can't be beat. the Honda blue coolant and the honda tranny oil.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  2. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    honda SI 2013 35% tinted Hondata coupe 136+mph! SRT-4 180+! VFR-800-11750 rpm 10.9 1/4 130+! Neon 2001!
    Body Style:
    coupe
    Honda dealer in Augusta maine is trying to rip me off for Honda OEM coolant with 50% water in it $20,21+tax, they stopped making the full strength version to sell their customers water. I refuse to pay this going to wally world to see if they have the Asian blue version or the full strength Golbal Lifetime which is the best deal by far-but no phosy things-don't think it would matter that much if I change it out early. My rebate deal is gone seems like crooked honda and anti freeze company's are working together to screw me out of dough. I need one gal right away for my Honda vfr 80o that I put in Zerox G-5 which is excellent stuff made for alu engines but not really made for honda, so I change it to a Honda type anti-freeze. Honda got me for the tranny fluid, but their anti freeze scam is much worse. I refuse to pay for water.:bananawhipdance: Going to wally world see what they have.:joke::owneddance: I am beginning to think Zerox G-5 is fine in Honda's -I will look into that some more too.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  3. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    Seems like anti freeze is in short supply- I went to wally and auto zone. Both had a very small selection of anti-freeze. So far only Napa seems to carry anything decent. This honda 50/50 coolant OEM $20 seems to be special that I only found one substitute the Zerox Asian blue 50/50 that matches the same specs. Global lifeline is universal anti freeze that doesn't meet honda specs, so I have to drop that option. My car has 19,000 so all I need to do is drain 1.5 gals and refill with either Zerox Asian blue or OEM honda. When doing a flush 50/50 is a problem with left over distilled water. my vfr 800 is running zerox G-5 and seems to be running perfect, G-5 is made also for alu engines. I guess its Zerox Asian Blue wins, 3 gals about $41.05 shipped by Walmart wins the price war. $13.68 a gal for OEM honda matching anti freeze- Gee that's very good price Zerox G-5 was $14. Anti freeze has been going up lately. I will change my motorcycle anti freeze first to the Zerox Asian Blue:bananapop: the vfr has a very accurate temp gauge that reads in 1 degree, it should running a bit cooler due to my Zerox G-5 mixture at 55-45 both are outstanding products. Then I due my honda SI anti freeze drain and fill. I am upset I have no temp gauge on the honda SI-. California should have made temp gauge req equipment- oh they don't help anyone but people who hate cars yet fly in a private jet all the time. Google.:box::beer:amazon does not have zerox Asian blue anti freeze. Only two Places Napa and Walmart online only have $13 Zerox Asian blue a direct match for $20 Oem honda anti freeze. Well that saved me over $20 bucks. I like puzzles and this anti freeze stuff would confuse any buddy.:drooling: Well this is really awful I solved the puzzle. :screwy:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  4. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

didn't you buy a flashpro unit from someone here? It has a temp gauge

5. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    that maybe my next project to tune the car with the :coffee:hondata, what a can of worms that is. Do you need a laptop to access the temp gauge in real time while your driving. Just can't understand why honda Si doesn't have a temp gauge on the dash. Even the cheapest dodge neon has them. That's why I was going to change the coolant,a little insurance and its six years old. I still have to do the actually coolant drain and refill-looks easy but first time anything maybe not. I got to jack the car up a bit. I did see the radiator drain might plug might be loosened up top instead of on bottom. I am moving kind of slow these days, too many projects.:bunny:

6. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

disregard. I forgot you said you didn't have a smart phone.

7. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    I might buy a laptop just to tune the car!:spaz: I did discover a OEM replacement anti freeze $13 at pep boys and its Full strength anti-Freeze and maybe phoat. This anti freeze stuff is very fascinating! I may take a ride to pep boys its a 50 mile ride, only one in the state of Maine. Pep boys has the largest selection on anti-freeze maybe any where. O rally's has a good selection but just average pricing-nothing that special. At 13.68 shipped Walmart online has the lowest price on Zerox Asian blue a match for the OEM honda fluid. I need one gal of full strength phoat anti freeze. I have three gals ZAB coming from wally which is enough for the motorcycle vfr 800 and car honda si to do a drain and fill. I also have two gals of distilled water to flush out the honda radiator. I am very picky and only do A+ work on anything I do.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  8. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    Can't load a pic 8 mb :guitar:of my vfr 800 interceptor oil change-testing out anti freze, g-05 and Asian blue Zerox. Camera shoots 8mb pics, I might be able to do less, but my Himalayan-Persians pics are outstanding-the rarest kittens in the world and the most loved.

9. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

Imgur.com

10. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    found junk in my air box again in my VFR 800, at least the monk didn't eat my air fliter in the vfr 800-the stock air filter has a metal screen it it, the after market air filter was ate by the monk. I have change the oil and filter and put in my old air filter. I have Zerox G-5 anti freeze in it now and was going to switch it out to the zerox Asian blue which is the correct stuff, but the G-5 seems to be working fine. Its a pain in butt taking the other panel off to change out the anti-freeze.:worms: I took pic but its a 8mb and I couldn't load it. perhaps that web site might help.

11. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    I am running the wrong stuff in the vfr 800. I have the zerox g-5 in honda vfr-800, so I must change it to zerox Asian blue. g-5 is low in sillycarates still no good for honda water pump seals-it has been proven to eat water pump seals in honda vfr 800's. I just put g-05 in so it most likely has not yet caused any damage-long term yes it would. Phoat only in Honda's. Doing a full flush with distilled water then add less than a gal of premium Zerox Asian Blue. Muffin head- Cat Pee phosphates must be in anti freeze.:rotfl:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  12. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    I got the honda vfr800 ready to go, oil change, air filter cleaned out of monk stuff and the entire full flush with Zerox Asian blue all done-I must say its easy to do on a motorcycle as I got all the zerox G-5 out 100%. Now lets ride and see my temps I get , I am sure it will be better , how much is the question?:corndance: took me quite a while to do all this:unicorn: this is quite a test the vfr 800 runs extremely hot normally and my real time temp reads with in one degree.

13. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    gee it feels like a new motorcycle, the monk really stop air from getting into the engine, also shot Fi cleaner while it was running. vfr 800 is running quite a bit cooler with Asian blue at 50/50, I was at 55/45 g-5. If you could mix the anti freeze phoat at 33/77 it would cool even better-looking for that full strength phoat anti freeze? The oil change is helping too, as I am using a high flow car extra large napa platinum designed for syn oil and castrol 10-40 oil set at full mark on a level surface. Small details add up.:chopwood::domokundance: