Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

Looks like I should try the local Honda dealer-shipping charge is more than the tranny oil:ohnoes: One more kitten was born that makes 4 Himalayan kittens :turbospin::spaz:

My Honda Dealership quoted me 199.99+ supplies to do the Transmission fluid change. I found a seller on Amazon that had a case for around $65 I'll look to see if I can find it through my orders.

8.23 a qt at a expensive dealer-does beat ebay at $9.5. $200 for a tranny fill that cost them maybe 50$. There are three bolts to play with top fill, side check and drain and exactly 2 qts-no measuring cup needed like a oil change. just take of airbox and left tire. My srt-4 has just two side fill and drain. The side fill is a pain in ***. Ok pick up carquest air filter for a 3.3 HP jump over stock-$18.20. Looks like this local dealer is ripping me off .73 cents a qt,:pinkdomokundance: charging more than retail. Still looking for a magnetic drain plug.

Is the drain plug for a Honda si the same as an automatic tranny plug? I am guessing they are the same.:paper: m18 x1.5 ?

Last edited:
Just make sure your car is level as you drain out the oil to make sure all the oil is out.

strange how they hide that info on manual drain plugs, I want to see if any metal particles are in there. I would suspect there are that's a good reason to change it. I heard there is a magnet in the tranny all ready some where, but so far no proof of that. these little details can prevent damage. I go though every car and bike when I get them and look for defects or bugs, so far zero have been found. oil monitor said I used up 10% life sense I owned it, got the tittle for car now too, 17,800 miles now. Oil life is 70% putting a magnetic drain plug in the oil pan too, thats coming from china on boat, takes about 5 weeks. Car will have 3.3 more HP after I install carquest air filter, checking cabin filter too:bleh: I have four rare Himalayan bluish white Kittens, longest fur domestic cat in the world, big hair dew. Banter banter- car crashed on my road this morning LOL, I can see almost a mile down the road, get out the :popcornbig:dorman magnetic tranny plug ebay $8.81 shipped. no tax LOL!

Last edited:
You Know what, the oil drain plug has the same thread pattern as the tranny. Either one will fit, but the drain plug on the tranny has 3/8 head and the oil has 14mm top.:hyper:

Oops Webby is right. Idk what I was thinking about must still be hungover from Friday.

Oops Webby is right. Idk what I was thinking about must still be hungover from Friday.
Actually Your right and Webby is off a bit. The drain plugs all use 1.5 threads, but the top is different 14mm for oil and a 18mm top for the tranny which has a 3/8 head on it. I think Honda wanted to make it stupid proof by using different heads on the bolts. The auto tranny uses the same as manual size bolts which does make sense, its easy to make the same size and helps people from getting screwed up, but on other hand it would seem its not idiot proof either. Remember Albert Einstein everything is relative to other things. how is that for a BOLt teaser:turbobananapoke:

Your right and Webby is off a bit
Most people just buy two 14x1.5 magnetic bolts. A lot of times you can find them in 2 packs. No reason to have them as different sized heads, unless you want them different for some reason. Usually 2 packs are cheaper. Do whatever you wish

I would like the way Honda has it stock, 14mm and 3/8 that way by mistake you fill the tranny then take out the drain plug by accident. The tranny drain plug$8.20 fast shipping is more than the check hole $1.75 coming from china on a slow boat. this has been a bolt experience.:eyebrows:

I would like the way Honda has it stock, 14mm and 3/8 that way by mistake you fill the tranny then take out the drain plug by accident. The tranny drain plug$8.20 fast shipping is more than the check hole $1.75 coming from china on a slow boat. this has been a bolt experience.:eyebrows:
Went to a New Honda dealer and bought 3 qts of Honda MTF came to $25. Price per qt $7.88 perhaps not ripping off customers as much. I saw a brand new Honda R model, nice car but Over $35,000. They had no sticker price on it, I suspect price gouging on the R model. On a Brand new Honda SI $25,400 that's like only a few hundred off. Didn't see any cars that looked like my Honda si 2013. Looks like I paid a great price for mine.:woowoo:I got a carquest air filter too, took it out and looked at it-very nice WIX air filter. All I need now to change the tranny oil is the dorman magnetic drain plug coming Thursday.

Lights not shutting off right away-seems like a power drain on the battery-don't like this idea. I won't run a racing battery-eats too much:pout: juice!

Back