Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

Honda did add the disconnect on the traction control not the gov.

THIS IS WHY I DIDN'T BOTHER WITH AFTER MARKET WHEELS, THEN I have to buy tnps sensors costing another $124. This rubbish must have come from CA because they hate cars , but Honda added to this problem by disabling the traction control when the light is on not gov mandated. Tnps adds like another 10-20% onto the cost of rims.:hmmm?: Firestone's 500 are here, I would have gone for the general rs, but they didn't have 225 45 17 in XL only sl. The generals rs are very cheap right now at $389 after rebate and weigh 2 pds less. the firestone's are $481. These firestones look extremely sticky tires with lots of rubber. I have a shop that will install them and check the tnps which is working on the stock wheels. Another reason to stay with stock wheels is lug nuts. I noticed the Honda stock lug nuts were fairly light. I been using the super light weight 7075 al lug nuts but they have to be tighten once in a while and strip after a while.:screwy:

Attachments

• P1011339.JPG
    P1011339.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Honda did add the disconnect on the traction control not the gov.
If you think Honda is the only company where you can not disable traction with tpms warnings then keep dreaming. If it bothers you so much, trade up to a 2014+ Honda and you don’t have to worry about tpms inside the wheel. ....or go back to your precious neon

This rubbish must have come from CA because they hate cars

Due to the influence tire pressure has on vehicle safety and efficiency, tire-pressure monitoring (TPM) was first adopted by the European market as an optional feature for luxury passenger vehicles in the 1980s. The first passenger vehicle to adopt TPM was the Porsche 959 in 1986.

In the United States, TPM was introduced by General Motors for the 1991 model year for the Corvette in conjunction with Goodyear run-flat tires. The system uses sensors in the wheels and a driver display which can show tire pressure at any wheel, plus warnings for both high and low pressure. It has been standard on Corvettes ever since.

GM to blame, well that makes it for sure no Corvettes, but that still doesn't explain how this become a law for TNPS. I solved my problem by running the stock wheels and wasting more gas to push heavy wheels. My srt-4 is too old to keep running and putting parts into and it can't handle the potholes and sink holes as well as a stock Honda can. I drove the srt-4 yesterday and what a great car it still is after having the snot beat out of it but keeps working and I loved its daylight 17 pd wheels that I am going to put on my 2001 neon that has a great stock suspension and a 99 cent key no tnps and runs on reg gas and gets 33mpg around town. the Neon 2001 is going to get some daylight wheels 17 and some Goodyear 225 45 17 tires. Mommy car turns sporty weighs only 2550pds with 132 HP.The 2001 is my beater car, but it actually quite nice 66,400. THe Honda si just turned 18,000, I drove it a total of 210 miles so far. Honda is getting the firestones 500, I am sure it will be fun driving it with some real sporty tires. Honda Makes a great DD, but it going to be a sporty DD coupe. Red tape is all I think about when it comes to TNPS, I don't walk the line-Johnny Cash!:lildevil: Honda doesn't like those meaty Firestones Firehawks-one bad bird, Indy 500 on their car LOL!

Attachments

• P1011339.JPG
    P1011339.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
blame the company you're buying tires from

The Firestone recall in the late 1990s (which was linked to more than 100 deaths from rollovers following tire tread-separation), pushed the United States Congress to legislate the TREAD Act. The Act mandated the use of a suitable TPMS technology in all light motor vehicles (under 10,000 pounds), to help alert drivers of under-inflation events.

zdpgHn6.jpg

this is propaganda put out by CA democrats, a total lie with phony figures. I usually check my tires once a week. the tnps does nothing but waste money. How does a tnps protect you from a defective tire that blow out? It doesn't you know all ready your tire is gone. Firestone made some duds like any company does. I use to run retreads now those tire suked but cheap and fun to burn them up and see the treads come in done:bananawhipdance: Oh and I don't want to down grade to a 2014 Honda si with No stinking Key-that can cost $1400 to fix when it breaks and I don't know if you can do the rolling start any more , with a key you can, stuck with a bad battery-you are done. What kind of idiot doesn't want to have no key?

Last edited:
don't want a car that some teenager got ahold of and red line the car every ten secs. My 2013 Honda si is in mint shape driven by a old man who can't walk any more an:guitar:d he took very good care of it. You can ruin a car in a very short period of time-teenager!

I have six-Missy, Mr Ceasar, snowflake, Spunky, Spunky 2, and Mz:woowoo: Fluffy

Attachments

• P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
Awww :eek: :thumb:

6 cats! Dang that's a lot. The wife wants another one (Abigail passed away about 5 months ago).

Well I get $600 for a Rare Cop colored blue points Republican Himalayan Persian Kitten. Mr Ceasar-a White Flame point with red ears and tail like Donald triumph-kicked out the Rag Doll female-Mr Ceasar said she was a democrat too skinny and fussy came from CA probly wanted to neuter him. one Kitten one set of Firestone Firehawk indy 500 225 45 17 XL-there is a big difference between a XL and SL-doesn't support the car as well. I would have got a cheaper tire the Falklens 510 has a rebate going right now dirt cheap. When I think about almost wish I got cheaper tires, but the Firehawk's 500 are better. Forget Michelin's they just cost too much.:eyebrows:

Attachments

• P1011338.JPG
    P1011338.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
You don’t run on another forum under the username Roadcourse do you? I’m highly entertained.

:pianodance:
but how many tractors?
yqftO4t.jpg
Happy Easter, Just one dirty very old John deere that tractor isn't being used too shinny-more like a Fancy car that never goes any where-useless.

Back