Sway Bar Setup

PainlessCandy

Cleveland
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
After some research, I'm curious if anyone is running the Progress rear sway bar and Eibach front sway bar simultaneously. I realize that adding stiffness to the front can be counter-productive, but my setup is a little different since I've added noticeable unsprung weight to the front corners with my BBK. I'm wondering if I might benefit from running both brands and haven't seen many other setups doing just that.

I'm also curious about end links. It seems like every year I replace at least one pair due to road construction leaving lane elevation changes unmarked on the highway. It looks like Moog makes "Heavy Duty" end links, but I don't see them specifically on their site.
This year I have to replace all four corners and am looking for recommendations and reviews, good and bad. Moog seems like the way to go based on reviews, but they don't make adjustable end links which I also don't see many reviews on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The first thing I said to myself after I installed my progressive sway, after the first drive was " why the hell didn't I put this on the day I got the car. I'm sure others will chime in but it made a HUGE difference.

I can't speak onthe other parts U are looking at though.

Last edited:
The amount of weight you added with the brake kit won't have any effect to make you need a larger front sway. Most people don't upgrade the front because it makes the car handle "worse." More understeer, which is already bad on these cars. You want less understeer and more grip. A larger rear bar is going to change the balance and help get the car to rotate better.

I would run the stock end links. They are fine to use and hold up quite well.

A larger front sway will make the car flatter in corners but it won't handle any better. Stiff in the rear and soft in the front is how to get more grip out of these cars. Leave the front bar alone. Also the strut suspension does not gain camber under compression. Adding negative camber in the front will help the tires grip more during cornering.

The amount of weight you added with the brake kit won't have any effect to make you need a larger front sway. Most people don't upgrade the front because it makes the car handle "worse." More understeer, which is already bad on these cars. You want less understeer and more grip. A larger rear bar is going to change the balance and help get the car to rotate better.

I would run the stock end links. They are fine to use and hold up quite well.

A larger front sway will make the car flatter in corners but it won't handle any better. Stiff in the rear and soft in the front is how to get more grip out of these cars. Leave the front bar alone. Also the strut suspension does not gain camber under compression. Adding negative camber in the front will help the tires grip more during cornering.
:yeahthat: Pretty much. Install a non-Si front sway bar and you'll feel a huge difference. I forgot what size R18 front sway bar I have on my 07. I think it's 24mm (or is it 21? I don't remember) front with a 22mm Rear Progress, Moog sway bar bushings, and Moog endlinks on all corners. The car has unnoticeable understeer.

The Moog endlinks seem to hold up very well. Mine have surface rust but they won't penetrate through due to the high grade steel construction. And they are much thicker/beefier than stock. I also haven't serviced them (re-greasing) since the initial purchase, which was 4 years ago maybe. I suppose re-greasing isn't necessary and it's merely a myth. :giggle:

Nah you def need to grease those moogs. I just replaced the ones on my wifes car. They dried out and were clunking really badly. The ones on my car were still fine. I can't explain it, but yea, if you aren't having an issue I would highly suggest you go hook up a grease gun and refill them.

Also, I think the Moogs ended up making the weak link the frame on my car instead of the end link. I'd rather have busted a link than the frame. Heh.

I'm too lazy. If it breaks, it breaks. :giggle: I'll do it before winter comes.

Nah you def need to grease those moogs. I just replaced the ones on my wifes car. They dried out and were clunking really badly. The ones on my car were still fine. I can't explain it, but yea, if you aren't having an issue I would highly suggest you go hook up a grease gun and refill them.

Also, I think the Moogs ended up making the weak link the frame on my car instead of the end link. I'd rather have busted a link than the frame. Heh.
Funny, I keep thinking to myself that I should add some grease to my Moog end links.
I just have to stop being lazy and take the time to do it.
I'm going to change my oil this weekend so I'll have a look at 'em.

If you're under there, grease the bushings too. Just helps cut down on wear and noise later. Replacing end links sucks. They get rusty and the design to remove them is a PITA. There is a square "nut" on the moogs that is hidden behind the rubber boot on the back. The OEM Honda design lets you use a hex key in the end. Much easier.

I just removed two sets of the Moog links. They suck if you don't have an impact to get that nut loose.

The hex key is problematic. Once they rusted, they will get rounded. It happened to my stock ones so I had to cut the nuts with a grinder/dremel.

The hex key is problematic. Once they rusted, they will get rounded. It happened to my stock ones so I had to cut the nuts with a grinder/dremel.

I had to cut an OEM one off that was only around two years old.

So what I am hearing is when I do the rear sway bar I should make sure my end links are in good condition first? The car is just over 3 years old and I don't drive in the winter.

Thank you all for the input. I'll be doing the rear sway bar before the end of the season; maybe next year I'll try the front bar with it just to see how I like it.

Given that I've had the endlinks replaced almost once a year, I've never greased them myself. But now that I'm upgrading I'll be sure to keep them well lubed and see if that helps. I'm also going to go for the stockier endlinks and see if they last longer.

Does anyone run adjustable endlinks? With how much non-adjustable links corrode, I wonder if it's even worth trying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I haven't had any issues running the Eibach front and rear swaybars. I love how my car handles on sharp turns. I have mine on the stiffer set up though. Definitely get the Moog endlinks, I've had them for 4 years and they're still going strong.

Back