sylvania silverstar ultra headlight bulbs

How come Amazon tells me that these bulbs are not compatible with my '12 Civic EX 4D? Are they? What does "9006 SU" mean?

I have them in all 3 and they are incredible light bulbs,100 percent improvement over stock,I installed driving lights and high beams,but had he lows installed by dealer for 18.00 a pair.worth every penny.

hehehe true, but its still just a 10mm wrench... took less than an hour... does look alot different now too....View attachment 7814

altho it doesnt show up that well, the zxe's are really white, stock fogs looks really yellow now....

Do you recommend the ZXEs or the Silverstar Ultras. I've had the Ultras before and they were outstanding. I love how bluer lights look, but my #1 goal is safety - I want the distance. I am about to upgrade my stock bulbs, and can't decide which product to go with.

I used to have the Silverstar Ultras on a del Sol that I owned, and they had short life span. Not worth the high cost. I highly recommend Philips CrystalVision Ultra as an alternative. They last long, shine bright, and are around $7-10 cheaper per pair.

Last edited:
I've heard about the short life. I have a set in my 04 coupe,I put them in about a year and 2 months ago,so far so good,but I shall see.They have been in my si since July 4 th.Im hoping they will last. I got them on flee bay for 27.00 shipped each pair,had them installed at honda for 18.00( low beams). So not too bad.

We've had the Silverstars in our 8th gen for almost two years now with no issues. I put them in the Si back in December. Hopefully they hold up.

The light change is incredible and worth the money.the safety is worth the money.

Just installed them. Can honda make it more complex ?!? A slight pita...
Broke the clip holding windshield wiper fluid tube.
Had to take the battery out to install driver side.

Syv is a bit brighter but not a huge difference... Bottom pic.
image.jpg image.jpg

I put mine in back in October 2012 and no problems, I think the light is way better than factory.way crisper and optics are greatly improved.

I have had the zXe's in both highs and lows for just over a year now. They are very bright white, well worth the extra money. I was expecting to get a year out of them and I have so far.

I also used Nokya yellows for the fogs and they blew out after exactly a year, within 2 weeks of each other.

I have silver star ultras in all high, low and driving and they are great

I have had the zXe's in both highs and lows for just over a year now. They are very bright white, well worth the extra money. I was expecting to get a year out of them and I have so far.

I also used Nokya yellows for the fogs and they blew out after exactly a year, within 2 weeks of each other.
UPDATE:
One of the low beams just quit. The guy at the store told me they're good for a year and he was right. These were great bulbs, but not $60/yr great. So, is there any downside to a mild (4300-5000k) HID kit for the low beams?

put the zxe in the low beam and fog lights. I will say my car is very dirty, and as soon as its above 32 degrees I'll take another shot. Also the pictures are terrible.

IMG_20140216_211733_384.jpg IMG_20140217_195444_312.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoyed these bulbs for the year I got out of them, but $60 per year is insane. So, is there any downside to a mild (5000k) HID kit for the low beams? Does anyone know if the light dispersion will remain okay?

Today, bought these 9006/5000k HIDs for $56.00. Cheaper than the Sylvanias, should be brighter and last longer. HIDs.jpg

Last edited:
Back