Tachometer Malfunction

PainlessCandy

Cleveland
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Had a weird issue on my way home from work just now. Started the car, went to pull out of the parking garage, and the tachometer started going crazy. First it fluctuated between 4900 and 5200 RPMs, then it would fly all over the place from past the red line to zero. It did not seem to react to the actual RPM changes and when the needle was in the appropriate range the VTEC indicator lights would light up. The motor ran fine, it did not act abnormally while running. I turned the car off and back on and the problem disappeared. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Isn’t there a button u can press on the steering wheel that will make the tach jump around? Like the plus minus under the cruise control button. I know my civic does this.

I’ll film it if u want them post it but try pressing one of those buttons while the car is idling.

Flashpro has a feature that allows for AFR to be displayed on the tach when you press down on the cruise control.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I wonder if I pressed it by accident while swiping my key card on the way out of the garage. Once you press it, can you press it again to toggle it off? I am running a Hondata-applied tune.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I was seriously freaked out for a minute there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back