Taffy's White 2013 Slow Coupe

taffy

Fort Riley, KS
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I figure I would start a build thread to document my build and get advice in one place.

So, I got my copue with 23 miles on it. Im sitting at just over 2300 now.

IMG_0047_zpsf73aa289.jpg

This was after her first wax.

IMG_0090_zps03566eff.jpg

Motor shot with some fake Mugen goodies.

Mods to date
-LED Bulbs inside and trunk
-Mugen Oil Cap
-Mugen Tank Boots
-Yellow Lamix Foglight Covers

To install
-Tein s.Tech springs
-Progress 24mm rear swaybar

Last edited:
I have a Progress 24mm rear swaybar and some Tein s.tech spring to put on. I'm debating if I want to adress my intake side (K&N filter, HPS intake, thermal gaskets, P2R spacer, and cleaning up the intake manifold) or piss off the lady and get a flashpro, Vit tune, and PLM downpipe next.

FP/Tune/DP. The intake side isn't showing gains other than noise unfortunately. (exception is the PRL from what ive read)

That's what I keep hearing, but I'm cheap. I've pretty much talked myself in to the fp, tune, and downpipe though.

I'm wondering if I can do just the downpipe and not get a cel, it would drive me nuts.

Last edited:
That's what I keep hearing, but I'm cheap. I've pretty much talked myself in to the fp, tune, and downpipe though.

I'm wondering if I can do just the downpipe and not get a cel, it would drive me nuts.

If you get a downpipe, you really should have the car tuned. I thought mine ran better until I got a tune and realized it was running like crap. You can avoid the CEL with a defouler though.

Ya, but that's just half assed. As much as I hate spending money, I should just do it right the first time.

Reactions: Nix
Another SI :vtec: at least you'll have plenty of options to choose from with your budget, us R18's are limited and must be more creative in our mods lol Lookin good though man :popcorn:

Ya, but that's just half assed. As much as I hate spending money, I should just do it right the first time.

Yes.

The defouler isn't a horrible solution though. It does work as its meant to. not too expensive either I don't think. As a temp fix I think it's acceptable especially if FP is one paycheck away or something like that.

I just reread my post, sounds kinda dickish, that's not the way I meant it.

I just like doing one thing at a time to enjoy each mod rather then just throwing them all on at once and unfortunately the downpipe needs a tune to work best it seams.

I just reread my post, sounds kinda dickish, that's not the way I meant it.

I just like doing one thing at a time to enjoy each mod rather then just throwing them all on at once and unfortunately the downpipe needs a tune to work best it seams.

Unfortunately, some of the mods need to be done in unison.

Yes.

The defouler isn't a horrible solution though. It does work as its meant to. not too expensive either I don't think. As a temp fix I think it's acceptable especially if FP is one paycheck away or something like that.

Ya, the PLM downpipe come with it so it's not really an extra cost.

But hey here a pic I just took while I'm stuck on CQ.
agejader.jpg

Finely get my new house with garage tomorrow! So lots on installs and pics coming soon!

I just ordered a bunch more crap, so now I have Tein springs, a rear swaybar, a HPS intake, a few P2R goodies, a yospeed battery tie down, and a K&N filter to install.

feel any difference with the tube and filter? Im probably going the same route since CAI are pretty much worthless on our cars.

Ya, it did feel a little better, I also would get the p2r spacer with it, I felt even better when all 3 were on.

Hmmm this car has me a little frustraded, no race header, and worthless intakes.....

Back